Not applicable

Resolution on Spectrum 210 receiver/DVR

So just noticed this .. I have a 210  box ... I'm only getting resolution of 720P .. is there some sort of manual control for that? If so sounds lame .. all other devices (ROKU, DVR player) all display at 1080P ...

8 REPLIES 8
Trusted Helper

Re: Resolution on Spectrum 210 receiver/DVR

@kwandtke wrote:

So just noticed this .. I have a 210  box ... I'm only getting resolution of 720P .. is there some sort of manual control for that? If so sounds lame .. all other devices (ROKU, DVR player) all display at 1080P ...

Hello,

Are you running the new Spectrum Guide? Or a different guide software?

Satch

Not applicable

No idea .. how would I tell .. and why would that have anything to do with resolution from the box?

Trusted Helper

@kwandtke wrote:

No idea .. how would I tell .. and why would that have anything to do with resolution from the box?

Hello,

The guide software and boxes are very different.  Also there are very different steps involving each guide's menus concerning getting to screens to change things, like the resolution settings.  These are the three types of program guides below:

Spectrum Guide:

Spectrum Guide.JPG

ODN: Navigator:

ODN-Navigator.jpeg

IGuide:

I Guide.jpg

I have the ODN Navigator Guide and can help with that.  Researching this on how to change the Resolution Setting in Spectrum Guide.  Someone else may need to help with I-Guide.

Satch

Helper

@kwandtke wrote:

Are you saying that live tv only outputs at 720p on ALL channels? The built in Netflix app only displays at 720p? Both?

Live tv via a set top box will not be 1080p on any channel. Some networks broadcast 720p while others 1080i, but none of them 1080p at present. Many of the individual network apps (and most all streaming services like Netflix) will give you 1080p or 4k depending on the network and show.

Trusted Helper

@reds91185 wrote:

@kwandtke wrote:

Are you saying that live tv only outputs at 720p on ALL channels? The built in Netflix app only displays at 720p? Both?

Live tv via a set top box will not be 1080p on any channel. Some networks broadcast 720p while others 1080i, but none of them 1080p at present. Many of the individual network apps (and most all streaming services like Netflix) will give you 1080p or 4k depending on the network and show.

My cable guy just responded that on Spectrum Guide there is no native resolution pass through.

Satch

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Hello,

If you are running the New Spectrum Guide (See Photos) on the Spectrum- 210 box, here is how to change the Output Resolution:

it is in the Setttings menu using the main menu it only allows 1 option to choose from: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and you use a check box to pick one.

ODN-Navigator Guide Resolution change steps to follow.

Satch

Observer

belive it or not 720P is better than 1080I as far as PQ. it's the way the picture is scanned. to be honest no broadcasters that i know of broadcast in 1080P most of the time it's 1080I. spectrum has no 4K content as that would kill em trying to pipe that stuff down since there trying to cram an 8 lane freeway down a back country road now!!! there's only one cable co that i know of that has 4k and that's rogers up in canada. but there going all fiber right to peoples homes. i sure in the hell wish spectrum would do that!!! and besides the best way to watch 4k content now is off of a disc and or maybe an OTA antenna depending on how bad there compressing the channels since there adding more and more sub stations.

Browser

I prefer 1080i but I wish Spectrum would allow 1080P for Movies on Demand for movies that you purchase.