Not applicable

Remote gets stuck

Every time my remote fast forward or rewinds it gets stuck and I end up having to leave the program or just turn the tv off which is really annoying
2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Helper

Re: Remote gets stuck

@Jenhariconcon wrote:
Every time my remote fast forward or rewinds it gets stuck and I end up having to leave the program or just turn the tv off which is really annoying

Hello,

First try a cold reboot of the cable box.  Power off the box and TV and unplug it for about five minutes.  Plug the box back in and wait it to boot back up.  If your box has a clock, wait til it shows in the display.

Now turn everything back on.  Record a show completely to begin testing.  When the show has finished recording, play it back, and test the RR/FF functions. Wait for the buffer to show in the recording indicator of the INFO PROGRESS  bar (that fills will color)  for enough time to pass in the recording for Rewinding.  Than you can test both Rewinding and Fast-Forward functionality.

If the problem is not solved through the above step (or comes back.), we would need to send out a tech to preform a signal and drop line test.  Avoid rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours before your service call.  Reboots will reset the signal error codes back to zero, and the tech needs to see the error codes.  Poor code readings, from inside-wiring, splitters that are bad, or corrosion on your outside cable line drop need to be checked at this point.  A NEW BOX WILL NEVER SOLVE SIGNAL PROBLEMS! That is why your signals and line must be checked first.

If your signals are good than the box may have to be swapped.  The tech will do that if needed.

Satch

Helper

Re: Remote gets stuck

I would first verify that it's not a remote issue by changing the batteries.