Observer

Remote DVR - what equipment for full functionality?

Awesome that we now have remote dvr capability in new spectrum guide. However not all features seem to work for me. I can schedule a recording but when I click “scheduled” within the app it tells me DVR info is unavailable and to view this info on the set top box. Same for my recordings. All I can actually do is schedule a recording - nothing else. Is this an issue with the equipment I have being incompatible or have those features just not being rolled out yet (perhaps not rolled out to my market)?

I have 210 Humax units.
8 REPLIES 8
Trusted Helper

Re: Remote DVR - what equipment for full functionality?

@Atx512LT wrote:
Awesome that we now have remote dvr capability in new spectrum guide. However not all features seem to work for me. I can schedule a recording but when I click “scheduled” within the app it tells me DVR info is unavailable and to view this info on the set top box. Same for my recordings. All I can actually do is schedule a recording - nothing else. Is this an issue with the equipment I have being incompatible or have those features just not being rolled out yet (perhaps not rolled out to my market)?

I have 210 Humax units.

Need your city, state, and zip ode.  Than our mods can check with your market and post back what is happening.  What App are you using to try to manage the DVR, when you are having trouble?  When you go to "My Services" to manage your DVR at the "My Services" website, can you do that without issues?

Satch

Observer

Austin TX 78732

I’m Using the spectrum tv app on iOS to remotely manage the DVR.

I can go to the website, I see the dvrs but can’t actually do anything there either. There are no options listed beyond rename DVR which doesn’t actually work either.
Trusted Helper

@Atx512LT wrote:
Austin TX 78732

I’m Using the spectrum tv app on iOS to remotely manage the DVR.

I can go to the website, I see the dvrs but can’t actually do anything there either. There are no options listed beyond rename DVR which doesn’t actually work either.

The mods might need to open a ticket for investigation.  Good that you provided your location. and OS system used.

Satch

Spectator

FYI, I have a Humax 210 and I am experiencing the exact same issue- can schedule a recording remotely but nothing else- so I'm guessing this is nothing particular to you. Seems like it is more likely a limitation of the box or the current software. Would be great if it were fixed soon.

Trusted Helper

@adiladub wrote:

FYI, I have a Humax 210 and I am experiencing the exact same issue- can schedule a recording remotely but nothing else- so I'm guessing this is nothing particular to you. Seems like it is more likely a limitation of the box or the current software. Would be great if it were fixed soon.

Greetings,

adiladub, what is your city, state, and zip code?  Just to clarify this is the same as the others.  You are running a World Box- (Humax 210) with new Spectrum Guide.  However, all you can do is schedule recordings remotely for playback on the box.  I assume for example you CAN NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:

1.) Modify or cancel a recording in any way from the website or app?

2.) Review any recorded information remotely?  For example, updating a recording does not work from the app or website yet?

Does the recording show up on your boxes OK and play back fine?  If so, it sounds like issues 1 and 2 need further development.

Satch

Spectator

I'm in Durham, NC. As stated, I have a 210-H box. 

In the Spectrum app, I can record a show either by clicking on it in the Guide  or finding it in the Search Bar. I am given the option of recording the episode or the series but nothing else. For instance, I can't modify the start or stop times. Nor can I call up a list of scheduled recordings.  I also don't see a way of cancelling the recording once scheduled. 

The DVR tab in the app is completely non-functional. When you click on it, you get an error message saying "DVR Information Unavailable on This Device". If you click on My Recordings in the DVR tab, you get an error message saying "We're sorry,  your Spectrum receiver is unsupported for use with My Recordings. Reference Code-1011."

It's kind of a bummer coming from U-verse which had pretty robust remote DVR management. 

Trusted Helper

@adiladub wrote:

I'm in Durham, NC. As stated, I have a 210-H box. 

In the Spectrum app, I can record a show either by clicking on it in the Guide  or finding it in the Search Bar. I am given the option of recording the episode or the series but nothing else. For instance, I can't modify the start or stop times. Nor can I call up a list of scheduled recordings.  I also don't see a way of cancelling the recording once scheduled. 

The DVR tab in the app is completely non-functional. When you click on it, you get an error message saying "DVR Information Unavailable on This Device". If you click on My Recordings in the DVR tab, you get an error message saying "We're sorry,  your Spectrum receiver is unsupported for use with My Recordings. Reference Code-1011."

It's kind of a bummer coming from U-verse which had pretty robust remote DVR management. 

As I see it, you have some options:

1.) Unfortunately, it seems like the APP Spectrum TV remote DVR Manager is not ready for full DVR remote functionality, like the ability to modify recordings remotely.  Since you are not the only one with this issue, you can wait for the next update to the APP/ website which will hopefully correct this bug. (And do all of your recording modifications from the box's GUI until this gets resolved.) OR consider #2.

2.) Go to a Spectrum office and try to get a six-tuner DVR, either the Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M.  They have two additional tuners over the new Spectrum Guide ( six tuners instead of four.) and run the better and more reliable ODN Navigator Guide,  These box have clocks on them.

2b.  All of the clock boxes will have FULL REMOTE DVR AND APP FUNCTIONALITY BETWEEN 48-72 HOURS of installation.  Including the ability to modify recordings from the APP or the Spectrum TV website.  If you do not get a six-tuner box like the one mentioned above, your "Clock Box" will only have two tuners. But it will still have full Remote DVR functionality within 48-72 hours after installation.

Satch

Spectator

Took your advice today and went to my local Spectrum store and swapped out my World Box 210-H for an Arris DCX-3600. Couldn't have been easier and, so far, it is a huge improvement in every way.  Navigator is much more robust than the new Spectrum Guide, especially in the area of DVR management, the remote is better, and I can finally access the DVR remotely thru the Spectrum app. Not to mention, I now have six tuners instead of four.  As far as I can tell, it's all pluses and no minuses. Could not be happier that I made the switch.