We have gone a few days now where 110 and 210 boxes have no buttons that work except channel change and volume. Any button such as menu, dvr, guide, options, etc results in the "Guide unavailable ... code 0002" pop-up. We have had many errors over the few months of these boxes but this is the boat persistent. I have pulled the power plug for 60 secs and also reset (two chasing arrow button on lower right of box for 7 secs). Nothing is clearing the issue. Ideas?
You will need a tech out to check your signal levels and drop line. You will also need to avoid rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours prior to your service call.
A box swap will not solve bad signals. Once your signals are OK, I would ask for a box with a clock on it. The New Spectrum Guide is too buggy. You will get a more reliable guide. (ODN Navigator) if you get a box with a clock. Sadly, that box with the clock if you have DVR service, will have only two tuners instead of four. But at least you will be back reliability-wise. You will need your signals checked first.
This is a new install and equipment. They had to connect the street to the house. Are you saying your installer has not properly installed the system?
We also have internet and have no issues there what-so-ever. 300 gps (min) to 500 gps (often) download. Would we not see hiccups there if a signal issue?
This is a new house and wiring that was initially installed with TWC when built, but then was on fiber for awhile, and now simply back. to cable They did install new filters and equipment on the street 6 months ago (even though a new subdivision). Neighbors not experiencing problems but I am not aware of what equipment they have.
We have four boxes but only one is a DVR. But we are still waiting for the 110's to be able to access the DVR (something we had with the initial installation that went away with this re-installation).
Some Updates to Spectrum Guide From Reliable Source-
At the end of November I got the September update in Rochester. I noticed the box behaving a little differently and checked and sure enough I was on version 2.56.6 dated September 27 2018. Took a look in the diagnostics are the box rebooted at exactly 2AM on Nov 27.
Differences between the July and Septembers versions:
- While watching TV, and launching the guide or any other menu, there is no more complete audio and video dropout. Instead there is the small rectangle in the center of the screen with the three flashing dots. It still takes three or four seconds to launch the guide or open a menu. This should be instantaneous just like every other platform.
- Unlike the previous version, when channel surfing and you land on a VOD ‘channel’ you cannot flip by it real fast and you cannot press the Left Arrow button to take you back to the previous channel. You can only press the Back button to get you off of the On Demand Portal. The numeric buttons do nothing either. The only way to pass by the On Demand channels is to launch the EPG. I will keep harping on this as this is unacceptable.
- Many of the channel logos on the full screen guide have reverted to their old logos. Syfy, Oxygen, Crime & Investigation, LMN to name a few. Channels that recently updated their logos like Travel, Animal Planet and Game Show Network are still showing the new logos. And the mini guide shows the correct logos.
- No more instances of recording the same channel on end for almost 24 hours
- I can now FFW through my two Fox Sunday Night Shows
What hasn’t changed
- Still a ton of guide and menu crashes. Still get various messages about the DVR recordings not being available and what not.
- Still have 20 + recordings that say Title Unavailable on the Series Priority Menu. No idea on how to get rid of them
- Still have no idea how to cancel the recording of a Series that has ended and no new episodes will air.
- Still no audio on Netflix
And yes, the new remote eats through batteries. I’m on my fourth set since I got the box in August. When the batteries start to get weak, the remote dumbs down to IR only.
On this latest September build, shockingly, we cannot find how to delete a series recording A Customer called tech support and she could not figure out how to do it either, and has opened up a troubleshooting ticket for this feature to be brought back. The old way from the previous build no longer works, IF you have the Sepetember release of the New Spectrum Guide.