Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Questions About New Spectrum Guide Remotes?

I have been getting a lot of questions from Spectrum Customers about the new remotes being given out with the World Boxes.  For reference, I am referring to the remote below.  Answers from the community to the following questions are needed by many:

1.) Where is the button on the new Spectrum Remote that Starts Over a program if Start Over is offered on the channel in question?

2.) How do you delete a series using this pictured remote in Spectrum Guide?

Satch

Annotation 2019-08-07 172221.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Questions About New Spectrum Guide Remotes?

Start Over and some other features are not available on every set top box or with every guide.  For the most accurate information, we would need to know the guide version and equipment being used.   If customers are contacting you directly, then I would suggest you direct them a support channel for further assistance. 

I also included a link to Spectrum Remote Control: URC 1160 that may answer some additional questions. 

Newcomer

Here's one way to cancel a series using this remote:

1. Go to My DVR either through the Menu or by hitting the DVR button. 

2. Scroll down to Scheduled

3.  Scroll over and select the series you want to cancel

4.  Scroll over to Series Info

5. Hit Cancel Recording

6. Confirm that you want to Cancel Recording

This will cancel all scheduled and future recordings of the series. Not the most intuitive process but it works. 

Trusted Helper

@adiladub wrote:

Here's one way to cancel a series using this remote:

1. Go to My DVR either through the Menu or by hitting the DVR button. 

2. Scroll down to Scheduled

3.  Scroll over and select the series you want to cancel

4.  Scroll over to Series Info

5. Hit Cancel Recording

6. Confirm that you want to Cancel Recording

This will cancel all scheduled and future recordings of the series. Not the most intuitive process but it works. 

Update:

There is a double-edged sword using this method:

1.) If there are more episodes of the series in the system database forthcoming, and can be searched for, using New Spectrum Guide  these steps will work.

HOWEVER:

2.) If there are no more scheduled episodes in the database of the series selected to be deleted, users will receive an error message

Spectrum is working on a fix for #2 for The New Spectrum Guide in a future software update. (Confirmed via @Ask Spectrum @ Twitter.)

Satch