Browser

Re: Performance issues with 210 box

I was seeing significant pixelation on one channel last night. I haven't seen anymore issues where the guide freezes, but there is that momentary delay where I see the dots and I wait for the guide to load. If I believe what the last tech said, no box is going to be a suitable solution. Maybe I just need to try it for myself and see how it works out.
Helper

@cb_2367 wrote:
I was seeing significant pixelation on one channel last night. I haven't seen anymore issues where the guide freezes, but there is that momentary delay where I see the dots and I wait for the guide to load. If I believe what the last tech said, no box is going to be a suitable solution. Maybe I just need to try it for myself and see how it works out.

No box will fix signal problems, though some boxes are less sensitive to imperfect signals than others...as you have found out with your current box vs. the 201/210 boxes.

FYI Cisco no longer makes DVRs. All Cisco boxes in the wild are older boxes and are still great as @Satch will attest. All the 201/210 boxes are made by Humax, Arris, or Technicolor (who bought Cisco's box business a few years ago).

Observer

from my understanding there keeping the arris 3600's and maybe the cisco 9865 boxes and there getting rid of everything else like tha samjunks and the dual tuners... they are also testing a new box in florida and louisiana that's 100% cloud based!!!! that box should be interesting since the world box is a flop due to poor manufacturing and softwae issues...

Observer

did you tell them you wanted an arris 3600 or a cisco 9865??? i have never had a problem with getting a 3600 and i signed up after the merger and that was after getting a dual tuner!!!

Helper

@krel_2018 wrote:

from my understanding there keeping the arris 3600's and maybe the cisco 9865 boxes and there getting rid of everything else like tha samjunks and the dual tuners... they are also testing a new box in florida and louisiana that's 100% cloud based!!!! that box should be interesting since the world box is a flop due to poor manufacturing and softwae issues...

The hardware isn't the problem with the worldboxes...it's the Spectrum Guide software that's running them.