Browser

Performance issues with 210 box

Just about everytime I want to scroll through the channel listings, the guide gets to a point where it doesn't respond to remote commands for about 15 seconds. I'm really getting annoyed by this. I've already done a reset on the box by unplugging it and plugging it back in, but that had no effect on fixing this issue. I've already got programs on the DVR, so I like to not have to replace the box (plus, what guarantee is there that the same issue isn't present on another box). I have the 210 box. 

34 REPLIES 34
Trusted Helper

Re: Performance issues with 210 box

@cb_2367 wrote:

Just about everytime I want to scroll through the channel listings, the guide gets to a point where it doesn't respond to remote commands for about 15 seconds. I'm really getting annoyed by this. I've already done a reset on the box by unplugging it and plugging it back in, but that had no effect on fixing this issue. I've already got programs on the DVR, so I like to not have to replace the box (plus, what guarantee is there that the same issue isn't present on another box). I have the 210 box. 

Well,

Unfortunately, it looks like you might have to have a tech out to test your signals.  The World Boxes are VERY, VERY SENSITIVE to signal issues.  Do you have the Technicolor or the Humax?  It's reported that the Technicolor boxes are better.

You will need a signal and drop line test.  To prepare for this, set up a service call and DON'T REBOOT ANYTHING (BOXES, MODEMS, ROUTERS) FOR AT LEAST SIX HOURS BEFORE YOUR SERVICE CALL.  Reboots will reset the error codes back to zero and the tech needs to see that the error codes are OK, before doing anything with the box.  SWAPPED BOXES WON'T SOLVE BAD SIGNALS.

After the signal check and any line or wiring updates, retest the guide responsiveness, if it is still the same, ask the tech to hook up a different model box before leaving to try to reproduce the problem with the guide stalling like that.  But the first issue is the signals.  You might want to go back to a box with a clock, although most of these only have two tuners for DVR service, they do have the better ODN guide.  If the tech does not have a six-tuner DVR on his truck, and you have to take the World Box, try the Technicolor 210.  You should not be getting these 10 second delays when scrolling through the guide.  Tech needs to doa signal test than try another box. Specify this on the work order when you set up the service call.

Satch

Helper

Can you describe how your house is connected from the main line tap to your house to your devices, specifically where in the coax chain is the DVR located? How many splitters? Any unused splitter taps?

Observer

that's really nothing compared to what can go wrong!!! i remember the last 210 i had!!! we had an outage and it would tell me that i wasn't subscribed to channels i was paying for LOL. ok called phone support and they could not do anything as it was a box issue... i rebooted the box one time and the screen went pink on me i was like WTH and rebooted it again it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't. i ajusted the resoloution for the HD output and my screen turned to static like i was on an antenna LOL. then one weekend my A/C died and guess what happend then the box burned out since there's no fan in them to cool them or atleast keep an airflow going since the do run hotter than the old 3600's. and there was nothing on top of the box so it could vent properly.. those boxes are just to many problems even the 110 isn't that great!!!

Browser

Does Spectrum charge for service calls?
Browser

I live in an apartment and I'm towards the end, opposite where the main feed is on the outside.

On the inside, I've had to take several coax cables and string them together. Only one coax jack in the room and my TV is basically on the opposite wall. I estimate at least 50' of coax would be needed to run along the edge of the room and over to the box.
Trusted Helper

@cb_2367 wrote:
I live in an apartment and I'm towards the end, opposite where the main feed is on the outside.

On the inside, I've had to take several coax cables and string them together. Only one coax jack in the room and my TV is basically on the opposite wall. I estimate at least 50' of coax would be needed to run along the edge of the room and over to the box.

There have to be vents on the World Boxes.  Can someone else confirm that their is no cooling fan inside?  If this is true, that is poor hardware design.

Satch

Observer

no spectrum don't charge for service calls. though i would dump that 210 for a 6 tuner model with a clock on it

Observer

there is no cooling fan in the world boxes satch just the vents. when my A/C croaked the box got hot and burned out!!!
Browser

It seemed like the store only had 110 and 210 boxes. What's the model number of the six tuner box?