Newcomer

New cable box not connecting

Got a new cable box and it will not connect... gets stuck on 'Retrieving Channel Info.'

I can access the guide and all other aspects but it appears the cable is not being accepted by the box... tried to refresh from the settings menu and got an error code-  GVD-1000.

Tried multiple plugs, reboots and new cords to no avail.

Went back and got a new box after a few frustrating days attempting to get it to work and I am having the same problem with the new one.

When I sign in to the Spectrum website it says my equipment is not connected.

The cable works for my wifi modem but will not acknowledge the new box.  

Anyone else ever deal with this problem?  Or is this just a way for the world to tell me to get rid of my cable altogether...

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: New cable box not connecting

@alvy42 wrote:

Got a new cable box and it will not connect... gets stuck on 'Retrieving Channel Info.'

I can access the guide and all other aspects but it appears the cable is not being accepted by the box... tried to refresh from the settings menu and got an error code-  GVD-1000.

Tried multiple plugs, reboots and new cords to no avail.

Went back and got a new box after a few frustrating days attempting to get it to work and I am having the same problem with the new one.

When I sign in to the Spectrum website it says my equipment is not connected.

The cable works for my wifi modem but will not acknowledge the new box.  

Anyone else ever deal with this problem?  Or is this just a way for the world to tell me to get rid of my cable altogether...

Thanks for any help!

Greetings,

Since both boxes are having the same issue.  I would suspect a signal or drop line/wiring issue.  You will need to call Spectrum for a signal and drop line test.  You will also need to avoid rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours prior to your appointment so that the tech can get an accurate reading of the error codes on his signal meter.

Note that equipment reboots will reset the error codes back to zero, and you don't want that.  This is not an issue that is going to be resolved over the phone, or through Spectrum Social Media.  You need a tech visit to check your signals and line drop.  Please set up a service call and feel free to report to us about what the tech found.

Satch

Helper

Re: New cable box not connecting

Agree that this is likely a signal issue and not a problem with the boxes....damaged coax, loose connectors, etc.