Participant

New Box Model 201

Just received a new cable box. The old one quit. I noticed that I lost the Caller ID feature on the screen. Anyone know about this? 

JJK
4 REPLIES 4
Browser

Re: New Box Model 201

@JKelly wrote:

Just received a new cable box. The old one quit. I noticed that I lost the Caller ID feature on the screen. Anyone know about this? 

You got a world box which runs the Spectrum Guide platform which is the worst box you can get from Spectrum due to all the software stability issues and the missing features like caller id on TV. If the caller id tv is a deal breaker I would exchange the box in store for one that runs on the Navigator platform.

Participant

Thanks. Any suggestions on a box model with 4 or more tuners?

JJK
Trusted Helper

@JKelly wrote:

Ditto on the World Boxes,

All you can hope for is a rare, but great six-tuner DVR box.  If a Spectrum Store has the Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M, THAT is what you should have.  You will get your clock back, your Caller ID on TV back within 24hours of installing that box, and the better ODN Navigator Guide.

But you have to act soon.  It is getting to the point where all they are giving out are the new Word Boxes.

Satch

Highlighted
Browser

@Satch wrote:

@JKelly wrote:

Ditto on the World Boxes,

All you can hope for is a rare, but great six-tuner DVR box.  If a Spectrum Store has the Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M, THAT is what you should have.  You will get your clock back, your Caller ID on TV back within 24hours of installing that box, and the better ODN Navigator Guide.

But you have to act soon.  It is getting to the point where all they are giving out are the new Word Boxes.

Satch

I agree with Satch, you should try to obtain a six tuner DVR at a Spectrum store. If you can not find a six tuner DVR your only other alternative would be the two tuner DVR set top box.