ant
Established Sharer

Navigator autodeletes old series that haven't been on for several months?

Is it me or does Navigator (on an Arris DCX3510M DVR) autodeletes recording TV series that haven't been on for months? For an example, I had it record new episodes of The Orville. I noticed it is gone. I had to readd it a series to record to start on 12/30/2018. This happened with other series I told it to record. Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Sharer

Re: Navigator autodeletes old series that haven't been on for several months?

It could be you. My Cisco 9860 DVR remembered to record Timeless on 12/20 even though it hadn't been on for months.

ant
Established Sharer

@stannc wrote:

It could be you. My Cisco 9860 DVR remembered to record Timeless on 12/20 even though it hadn't been on for months.

Interesting. And yours uses former TWC's Navigator?

Sharer

Yes, L-TWC Navigator.
Trusted Helper

Hi Ant,

I have Gordon Ramsey's 24 Hours to Hell and Back set up as a series.  It premiered last fall in October I think, and my ODN Navigator series Manager still had it in the list with the settings that I had for it.  BUT it had not been added to my "Scheduled Recordings" list yet.  So I just went in to check the settings for the series without needing to change anything.  And Navigator asks, "Save Changes?" (regards) with a Yes or No prompt.

I clicked Yes and it said ,"Updating your scheduled recordings" and immediately, Navigator picked up the series and added it to my recorded schedule.

If you have a series that has been on hiatus for awhile, it's a good idea to go into Series Manager when you know that a new season is forthcoming just to check your settings.  Than save changes, even if you haven't changed anything.

Maybe what I had wasn't a flaw, just that Navigator had not yet picked up the January data yet.  My box is a Cisco 9865.

Satch

ant
Established Sharer

@Satch wrote:

Hi Ant,

I have Gordon Ramsey's 24 Hours to Hell and Back set up as a series.  It premiered last fall in October I think, and my ODN Navigator series Manager still had it in the list with the settings that I had for it.  BUT it had not been added to my "Scheduled Recordings" list yet.  So I just went in to check the settings for the series without needing to change anything.  And Navigator asks, "Save Changes?" (regards) with a Yes or No prompt.

I clicked Yes and it said ,"Updating your scheduled recordings" and immediately, Navigator picked up the series and added it to my recorded schedule.

If you have a series that has been on hiatus for awhile, it's a good idea to go into Series Manager when you know that a new season is forthcoming just to check your settings.  Than save changes, even if you haven't changed anything.

Maybe what I had wasn't a flaw, just that Navigator had not yet picked up the January data yet.  My box is a Cisco 9865.

Satch

Interesting. The reason why I posted because I noticed my series manager lost my previous shows to record new episodes after several months like The Orville. So I had to readd it and save. Maybe it is an Arris DVR issue? I have a text file to keep track of stuff I watch like when they return, etc. in case anything happens to the DVR.