Trusted Helper

Nabigator Guide ODN 8.1 Slow Response Out of RW/FF (BUG)

Guys,

I found a potential bug on the latest release of the Navigator Guide ODN 8.1.  You will know if you have this build by pressing the A button and a menu comes up to turn on Closed Captioning and SAP options.

At any rate, when I had a show recording, My Cisco 9865 was slow to come out of Fast Forward and Rewind going through commercials,  A button press had about a five second delay, whereas with ODN 8.0 it was instantaneous.

No other slow responses with buttons or menus.  This is in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Zip is 53045. We are part of the Milwaukee Market.  Please forward this feedback to the Program Guide Developer Team.

Satch

2 REPLIES 2
Seasoned Contributor

Re: Nabigator Guide ODN 8.1 Slow Response Out of RW/FF (BUG)

I have two Arris DCX 3200M boxes in Los Angeles, specifically zip code 90024, and I’ve noticed that when I press the [INFO] key on my remote to see a description of a program, an error message pops up reading “Currently unavailable. Please try again later.” In the upper right corner of the popup, it says “Error: D1”.

This has been happening sporadically on both of my boxes since early Friday morning (8/24) when my area got the software update. I wonder if this is another bug related to this latest build. Rebooting the boxes, whether through the onscreen menu or by unplugging them, didn’t help.
Trusted Helper

Re: Nabigator Guide ODN 8.1 Slow Response Out of RW/FF (BUG)

@Joey1986 wrote:
I have two Arris DCX 3200M boxes in Los Angeles, specifically zip code 90024, and I’ve noticed that when I press the [INFO] key on my remote to see a description of a program, an error message pops up reading “Currently unavailable. Please try again later.” In the upper right corner of the popup, it says “Error: D1”.

This has been happening sporadically on both of my boxes since early Friday morning (8/24) when my area got the software update. I wonder if this is another bug related to this latest build. Rebooting the boxes, whether through the onscreen menu or by unplugging them, didn’t help.

Hi Joey,

I will get that message sometimes as you describe above when doing a B-button Search, and often with On Demand most often after midnight hours for the On Demand circustance.  The B-button search issues vary.  I know that these are software isues because our signals are great.  We had a whole rewiring of the house done by Spectrum about four months ago.

Satch