Browser

How to watch recorded programs on DVR whilst waiting for broken line to road to be repaired?

Tree fell and broke the cable from our house to the road. We have hours of recorded programs on the DVR that we could watch but I cannot get the box to reboot properly. Is there a way to just be able to watch the recorded programs without having access to live TV?

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: How to watch recorded programs on DVR whilst waiting for broken line to road to be repaired?

I doubt it.

The box probably needs to authenticate with the network / mother ship, and that cannot happen until the cable is repaired.

Proven Sharer

Re: How to watch recorded programs on DVR whilst waiting for broken line to road to be repaired?

I concur, you do need a working cable connection before you can view any program content stored on your DVR unit.  Why?  Otherwise kids could bypass the parental channel and ratings  lockouts.  And get used to it, because the new 'Cloud DVR' concept being rolled out stores absolutely nothing inside your local box. 

Community Manager

@IanC

If the shows you have recorded are available On Demand, you can access On Demand content using the Spectrum TV App, or at spectrum.net.  The individual networks also have On Demand content on their network apps, which you can access using the same login credentials you use for your My Account.