Highlighted
Rookie

How to type a decimal point on RC 122 remote

I have removed channel lock on my remote, so its channel up/down buttons function to control the TV when viewing in that mode (as opposed to watching cable).

When watching TV in this way, I would also like to manually input TV channel numbers from the remote's number pad.  This is possible, except for one problem:  These HD TV channels include a decimal.  (for example, ABC is channel 7.1) .

I have been unable to find a decimal point symbol on the RC 122 number pad.  Does one exist?

Thank you,
Lance

5 REPLIES 5
Expert

Re: How to type a decimal point on RC 122 remote

What model TV? Does the button above the 3 work?

Rookie

My TV is a Sony Bravia.

On the RS 122 remote, the button above the 3 is "record." Unfortunately, pressing this does not produce a decimal.
Expert

if you enter a 7 then hit the channel up, it should give you 7.1

Proven Sharer

@Tonefinder wrote:

I have removed channel lock on my remote, so its channel up/down buttons function to control the TV when viewing in that mode (as opposed to watching cable).

When watching TV in this way, I would also like to manually input TV channel numbers from the remote's number pad.  This is possible, except for one problem:  These HD TV channels include a decimal.  (for example, ABC is channel 7.1) .

I have been unable to find a decimal point symbol on the RC 122 number pad.  Does one exist?

Thank you,
Lance

Unless the remote is JP-1 programmable, you probably won't be able to add the hash or decimal to the cable remote.  It was not intended to operate your TV to watch TV.  It was intended to control the TV for watching cable...

Rookie

Unfortunately, this last comment reflects my experience- it ain’t gonna happen.

Thanks, everyone for the help.