Trusted Helper

How Often Do The Set Top Boxes Update Listing Data?

A general question for reference,

How often do the set top boxes update?  Both in terms of the Time Grid Gracenote listing data and the guide search system?  Does this vary by box or head end?  If there is a listing error in the guide or the search, what has to happen for the data to get corrected?

Satch

4 REPLIES 4
Expert

Re: How Often Do The Set Top Boxes Update Listing Data?

It used to be once a week on monday or whenever you rebooted the box for the normal programming. If there's interim chnges, usually never updated... Look for tonights world series game start time.. It's now starting at 7 pm due to rain moving in. Guide will show 8 pm unless updated

Trusted Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

It used to be once a week on monday or whenever you rebooted the box for the normal programming. If there's interim chnges, usually never updated... Look for tonights world series game start time.. It's now starting at 7 pm due to rain moving in. Guide will show 8 pm unless updated

I don't know if this relates to updated boxes or not,

But my Arris-3510-M late at night, sometimes the clock display will go bright for awhile and than go back to normal illumination.  I know other people with this box model where there's does the same thing.  The timing interval often seems to happen between 2-4am, but it doesn't last long, and most don't notice it.

Sometimes several minutes after turning the Arris box off, the LED display on the clock dims after several minutes.  I wonder if the first condition above could relate to guide updates?  I think the condition that I am describing after powering off the box is a design by Arris so that people who sleep in the same room don't have to look at the brightly illuminated clock.  (The auto dimming.)

I don't think the legacy SA boxes, Samsungs, or Ciscos auto dim the clock after being powered off, not sure.

Satch

Expert

What time was the world sereis game listed to start tonight?

Trusted Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

What time was the world sereis game listed to start tonight?

Forgot to check!

I wanted to see as well if the listings updated or not?

Satch