Observer

HELP!!!

for the past 2 nights on my arris DCX3600-M box. when ever i watch t.v. the video freezes up and with in a few minutes it goes though a full reboot mode. the signals are excellent to the box. i really hope the box is not starting to die as i only had it for 2 months. and it freezes up when i also playback recorded programs from the dvr also it's not just an issue with live tv

8 REPLIES 8
Proven Sharer

Re: HELP!!!

You say that the signals are excellent to the DVR box.  Please grab and attach copies of the signal level report and status report pages so we can see what your unit is seeing from the cable.  FWIW, since the problem includes both live TV and playback viewing, you may be right in thinking your DVR is on its last legs. 

Observer

Re: HELP!!!

ok i forgot to mention it dosen't reboot when it's off!!! and how do i grab a copy of what the dvr is seeing for signals??

Trusted Helper

Re: HELP!!!


@krel_2018 wrote:

ok i forgot to mention it dosen't reboot when it's off!!! and how do i grab a copy of what the dvr is seeing for signals??


Hello,

The Arris 3600-M is a great box!  Who told you that the signals were excellent?  I would suspect either a bad box or a rapid signal fluctuation drop during the night.  We once had the same model box and yes, it was rebooting about every eight hours.  My first suspicion is that your box is bad.

 

Normally, for a truck roll, we recommend that customers don't reboot any equipment for at least six hours to avoid resetting of the signal error codes that the tech needs to see.  BUT, if you have a box, modem, or router that is phantomly rebooting, you can't control that.  You might need to swap it out, but we need to make sure that the signals are OK first, because a swapped box will never solve bad signal levels.

 

Satch

Observer

Re: HELP!!!

phone support told me the signals were excellent ( but i never belive em!!! ) i went into the store and swapped it out for the same one so far so good. this one has better PQ as well as the old one was macro blocking all over the place as well. i think the box was ready to go out!!! who knows what was going on with it it could have been a bad firmware update or a software update messing with something to... i never do truck rolls as the first thing the tech will say it's the box and swap it out and i do not want the world box for as long as i can help it LOL. and it was freeezing about every 30 mins to 45 mins when it would reboot!!! my guess would be a bad box...

Helper

Re: HELP!!!


@krel_2018 wrote:

phone support told me the signals were excellent ( but i never belive em!!! ) i went into the store and swapped it out for the same one so far so good. this one has better PQ as well as the old one was macro blocking all over the place as well. i think the box was ready to go out!!! who knows what was going on with it it could have been a bad firmware update or a software update messing with something to... i never do truck rolls as the first thing the tech will say it's the box and swap it out and i do not want the world box for as long as i can help it LOL. and it was freeezing about every 30 mins to 45 mins when it would reboot!!! my guess would be a bad box...


Hopefully you're right but I have a feeling that you have signal problems and will start seeing the same issues.

Highlighted
Observer

Re: HELP!!!

so far so good reds!!! the box hasn't acted up yet so. i just remembered the other box gave off another error saying something about the cable card needing to be restarted. i am leaning towrds box issues here... it would be nice to have the same box for a year LOL!!!

Observer

Re: HELP!!!

@Satch  what box has the better guide between the arris 3600 or the cisco 9865. from what i hear the arris has a better guide than the cisco thoughts on this

Trusted Helper

Re: HELP!!!


@krel_2018 wrote:

@Satch  what box has the better guide between the arris 3600 or the cisco 9865. from what i hear the arris has a better guide than the cisco thoughts on this


Hello,

 

You are confusing hardware and software.  Concerning legacy TWC markets., the six-tuner boxes mentioned, the Arris 3600-M and the Cisco 9865 are both excellent DVRS.  In legacy TWC markets they BOTH run the Navigator ODN software and are about equal.  Some years ago, I did have clunker 3600 that rebooted every eight hours, and I MIGHT have had something with a past Cisco 9865, but don't recall.  I have had my current Cisco 9865 for over two years and it is AWESOME!

 

Techs say that the Arris 3600 can take a little bit longer to activate, but once activated, it is great!  Sure with the millions of boxes out there, a bad box can happen now and than.

 

Personally, although Spectrum Guide software is getting better, if given a choice between ODN and Spectrum Guide, I would still take the ODN software.  The World Boxes (no clocks) all have Spectrum Guide in most markets, except for former Brighthouse Networks (Florida) which run ODN,  All World boxes have one TB of storage,, but only four tuners instead of six tuners on the Cisco 9865 and the Arris 3600.

 

If you HAVE to take a World Boxes, get a Techicolor (former Cisco) over the Humax.  Just make sure that you have a tech check your signals and drop-line.  Spectrum Guide is super-sensitive to signal issues.  It is more cloud-based than ODN,  A six-tuner box with the ODN guide from Cisco or Arris is the hardware that I would take if I had a choice.

 

Satch