Observer

Guide not working on all channels

When I go to the guide and type in a show to find out when it is on so I can DVR it, there is no info on it and says "there are currently no matches for".  (I know the show will be on that week so it should show up). I also tried searching for the actor in the show and still no show.  This doesn't happen on all channels. The Hallmark channels are 2 for sure this happens on and various others.   I have this problem on all 3 of my boxes.  I have had 2 techs. come out  and say its nothing to do with my signal or boxes...rebooted everything a couple of times.  They say its in the guide and don't know who can fix that.  HELP!!!

17 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Guide not working on all channels

@cdeer77 wrote:

When I go to the guide and type in a show to find out when it is on so I can DVR it, there is no info on it and says "there are currently no matches for".  (I know the show will be on that week so it should show up). I also tried searching for the actor in the show and still no show.  This doesn't happen on all channels. The Hallmark channels are 2 for sure this happens on and various others.   I have this problem on all 3 of my boxes.  I have had 2 techs. come out  and say its nothing to do with my signal or boxes...rebooted everything a couple of times.  They say its in the guide and don't know who can fix that.  HELP!!!

Thanks for this Cdeer,

Where are you located, as I am having the exact same problem?  The techs are right, it's not the box or your signals, so rebooting won't help.  The B-button search is only picking up about 50% of the channels in the system.  It has been that way for the past three weeks.  I  made a post here:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/Advanced-Search-Keyboard-Navigator-ODN-8-1-Missing-a...

You have to find shows through the Time Grid for B-search data listings that don't show.  "There are currently no matches avaliable for this title."  Read my posted thread above for more details.  Gracenote does the listing data for our Guide (Navigator ODN)  I don't know if this is a Gracenote problem or a Spectrum problem or a combination of both.

Satch

Observer

We are in Wisconsin between Appleon and Green Bay.  Thanks for the info and keep me posted if you find a solutionSmiley Happy

Trusted Helper

@cdeer77 wrote:

We are in Wisconsin between Appleon and Green Bay.  Thanks for the info and keep me posted if you find a solutionSmiley Happy

Metro Milwaukee (Brookfield here.)  Zip is 53045. (As you'll see if you look at my previous post in the above link.)  Our division needs to go through the process of updating our cloud-search database.  So this IS a Spectrum-Wisconsin issue.  They usually do maintience/updates between 12am-6am on Tuesday morinings.

Satch

Trusted Helper

@cdeer77 wrote:

Cdeer,

The other thing that can be done is get your neighbors and friends with Spectrum to report this issue by calling, and Spectrum know on social media.  Just make everyone tells the rep, wherever it's reported:

"My Keyboard Search on my ODN guide, (you have to say ODN guide, to distinguish it from the New Spectrum Guide) when doing a B-button search, only picks up 50% or less of show titles.  This is very frustrating because it makes it immensely difficult to find shows, and especially to find shows to DVR.  We had techs out several times, and there is no problem confirmed by them with our boxes, lines, or signals.  They say it's the guide."

The more people that complain about this, the higher that our Wisconsin division will prioritize this in getting this fixed.  Right now, I think that our division knows, but it's not a high priority to them to fix it because "It's not like the search is completely down." (Which would than make it a big deal.)

I will say that this three week period of time is the longest it has been with this B-button search issue.  Usually when the B-button search goes down like this, or is missing shows, it is fixed within a week.

Satch

Trusted Helper

Guys,

Horrible experience on Thanksgiving Day try to find football games with the B-button search broken in Wisconsin!  I am very upset with the Twitter people at Spectrum.  I said, "This is a known problem with the B-button search on ODN Navigator boxes, and two techs said there is no problem with the boxes, lines, or guide."  I said, "Having a tech out won't do anything."  And they STILL wanted to send out a tech, which would have been a total waste of time!  This is totally a 100% Guide problem on Wisconsin's head-end.

We need this fixed!  Brookfield and Appleton/Green Bay are having the same problems.  Techs can't fix this.  The cloud-based B-button search on ODN needs updating in Wisconsin.

Satch

Observer

Upgraded to a cisco box a few days ago and am having the same problems.  Also error messages on the info button, sometimes it works sometimes not.

South bay area of Southern California.   I had called Tech Support, they opened up a ticket.  Would it help to refer them to this thread if I need to call back?

Trusted Helper

@13 wrote:

Upgraded to a cisco box a few days ago and am having the same problems.  Also error messages on the info button, sometimes it works sometimes not.

South bay area of Southern California.   I had called Tech Support, they opened up a ticket.  Would it help to refer them to this thread if I need to call back?

Yes 13!

Definitely reference it because you have provided some important NEW information!  The B-button search is not showing listings in Southern California either on a majority of channels.  Your information tells us that this is not a state-wide problem, but may be a nationwide issue.  List your box make and model as well.  (What is your zip code?)  The affected guide is the Navigator Guide with the ODN software were the B-button search does not return listing titles now up to 60% of the time even though they are in the system.

Too many channels are not showing up in B-button search to even begin to list them.  Sports Teams are missing completely.  B-button search is now almost completely useless.

Anyone in any state with this problem, please call in and report this.  Now in my case, in Brookfield Wisconsin (53045), on my Cisco 9865, the missing B button search titles have been missing for about a month.  Those who are participating in this thread, please list the following:

• City, State, and Zip
  • Box make and model
  • Any further examples of missing keyboard B-button search data or error messages.

Satch

Observer

Kaukauna, Wi  54130

I have 3 boxes:

Arris DCX3600

Cisco 4742HDC (2 of these)

My son says to switch to Direct, seriously thinking about it!

Highlighted
Observer

box is cisco 8742HDC

perfer not to give my zip code, but my provider is Time Warner Spectrum, El Segundo, CA