Newcomer

Guide listings option by channel instead of only by time

A technician recently changed out my DVR box.  My old one used the "i-guide", the new one uses the ODN/MDN guide.  One feature on the old guide that was great was the ability to toggle between the listings by time and listings by channel.  If I want to see what is on a particular channel throughout a day or weekend, etc., can only be done by scrolling to the right for quite a bit of time....and then scroll all the way back to the left to get back to the current time.  On the "i-guide", you press Guide once to see the listings by time with the channels down the left side.  But, if you pressed Guide one more time, it would toggle and show a drop down list of shows just on that particular channel with the next 7 or 8 programs listed.  Then using the page-down button, I could scroll ahead through a day or even days very quickly for that individual channel.  --  For instance, seeing what movies were coming on for the Hallmark Channel for an entire weekend could be seen with just 2-3 clicks total.  ---- I cannot seem to find a way to find listings by individual channels like this using the ODN guide that is on my replacement box.  I tried tech support, but they told me this option is not available on the ODN guide.  I would think this would be a very simple programming update that could be added.  I would appreciate if anyone knows how to do this with the current ODN guide to post the process.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: Guide listings option by channel instead of only by time

@tbredky wrote:

A technician recently changed out my DVR box.  My old one used the "i-guide", the new one uses the ODN/MDN guide.  One feature on the old guide that was great was the ability to toggle between the listings by time and listings by channel.  If I want to see what is on a particular channel throughout a day or weekend, etc., can only be done by scrolling to the right for quite a bit of time....and then scroll all the way back to the left to get back to the current time.  On the "i-guide", you press Guide once to see the listings by time with the channels down the left side.  But, if you pressed Guide one more time, it would toggle and show a drop down list of shows just on that particular channel with the next 7 or 8 programs listed.  Then using the page-down button, I could scroll ahead through a day or even days very quickly for that individual channel.  --  For instance, seeing what movies were coming on for the Hallmark Channel for an entire weekend could be seen with just 2-3 clicks total.  ---- I cannot seem to find a way to find listings by individual channels like this using the ODN guide that is on my replacement box.  I tried tech support, but they told me this option is not available on the ODN guide.  I would think this would be a very simple programming update that could be added.  I would appreciate if anyone knows how to do this with the current ODN guide to post the process.  Thanks.

Greetings,

Spectrum is always looking for ways to enhance their guides and provide programing features in updates.  But the thing to remember is that updating these boxes, and adding features is NEVER easy.  Codes have to be written for all the different boxes in the field requiring many months of testing and development.  Than there's deployment and that can create issues of its own.

The closest thing to what I-Guide had that is on ODN-Navigator Guide is that when pressing B button in the Time Grid, users get the option to see all instances of the same show Title for the next several days.  I could see where a list of  "Listings by Channel" would be of help!

Satch