Highlighted
Not applicable

Guide and Netflix app

I have been unable to use my Netflix app through the menu for days now. Also when I push the guide button on the remote it says it’s unavailable. We had a technician come out and replaced one box, but told us our TVs were old. None of our TVs are older than a couple years and are top of the line. I’m getting extremely frustrated with the lack of wanting to fix the issue and trying to push it the blame off on the TVs being the issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Re: Guide and Netflix app

Good  morning.

Forums are intended for Peer to Peer support. 

This sounds like it will require direct support. 

You can reach our Social Media Customer Service team at: 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia

Social Media Customer Service-Lead Moderator

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Guide and Netflix app

@KHodge wrote:
I have been unable to use my Netflix app through the menu for days now. Also when I push the guide button on the remote it says it’s unavailable. We had a technician come out and replaced one box, but told us our TVs were old. None of our TVs are older than a couple years and are top of the line. I’m getting extremely frustrated with the lack of wanting to fix the issue and trying to push it the blame off on the TVs being the issue.

Greetings,

An old TV would have nothing to do with not being able to use features on the cable box.  All you need is an HD Set, and HD box, (which is standard now) and either HDMI or Component Cables.  Netflix on World Boxes in several areas, that all goes to and from the box.  Your TV has nothing to do with that.  (Note that users are billed for Netflix services by Netflix, not Spectrum.)

Give us some information here to help:

• The make and model of your cable box
  • A optional, but helpful photo of the screenshot, of what you see when you try to access Netflix on the World Box.  Include the error code number.
  • Your location, city, state, and zip.

This will help community members and Spectrum to determine if this is an isolated incident or widespread.

Julia's suggestions above are also excellent.  Just mention if you go that route that the tech you had out was absolutely no help at all and that you need this investigated.  The bulletted steps above, which you can answer with  your specific information, will further help Spectrum investigate this issue.

Satch