Trusted Helper

Getting a DVR Upgrade Question?

Guys,

Today I got a new DVR package deal that is really good!  TWC -Spectrum is shipping out a new DVR and the rep said all I need to do would be plug it in and I should be all set.  My Account properly reflects the upgrade.  Is any type of athorization needed once I get the box?  It is coming via FEDEX.

Satch

3 REPLIES 3
Expert

Re: Getting a DVR Upgrade Question?

since it's a 2 way device, it should fire up, do an upgrade and go online provided they entered the proper mac Id.

But if you have an existing one, It's unknown what's required to turn one off and the new one on.

Trusted Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

since it's a 2 way device, it should fire up, do an upgrade and go online provided they entered the proper mac Id.

But if you have an existing one, It's unknown what's required to turn one off and the new one on.

Yes, I have an existing DVR.  I am upgrading to a six tuner DVR.  I have never done a self-install before.  I know there's an activation number r I can just call and it will be really easy if it does not auto-activate.  I have been told.  Plan is to return the DVR currently connected, once the new box is in place.  Will keep it for a few days just to make sure that the new one works.

Satch

Spectrum Employee

When I self installed both of my Enhanced DVRs I had no issue activating them using the My TWC app. You can trouble shoot equipment and activate from that app.