Highlighted
Rookie

Fed up with cable/DVR box and overall service

On demand does not work, says error HL1000. Cannot receive NHL network NBC sports network and other similar channels(which I pay extra for). This is a new box. I had the previous one for about 4 weeks before it started acting up. is anyone else having problems like this? I have a service appointment set up for Thursday. We'll see if that does anything. I'm really close to changing providers and an extremely dissatisfied with this so called service.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Fed up with cable/DVR box and overall service

@ER11

I apologize for the service issue.  If the issue is not resolved after the service call, please let us know.  

James M.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Expert

probably a signal issue from a bad connection or too many splitters. If you have twc internet, copy and paste the modems signal level and error log event pages, don't reset it, need to see real history.

Rookie

Everything seems to be working now. I disconnected/reconnected everything and it's fine. Very strange.
Trusted Helper

@ER11 wrote:
Everything seems to be working now. I disconnected/reconnected everything and it's fine. Very strange.

Greetings,

You might want to keep that service call and ask them to modify the work order for a signal and drop line test to be performed on your equipment.  Rebooting the box is often a temporary fix if signals are poor.  Also, make sure that you disconnect all splitters.  Ask the tech to check your signals and line just to make sure that everything is OK.  If you cancel the visit and the problem is signal related or line related, the issues could come back in a few days.

If your drop line is good, but you still have problems, ask the tech to check the main junction box on your street.  This may need to be updated.

Satch