Not applicable

Dcx3400m lost features

Prior post not showing. Hope this is not a duplicate.

just had old dcx3400 swapped for new dcx3400m and seem to missing many features important to me. Are the missing or just hidden.

1. Guide press twice and rows and columns in guide swapped. Ideal for searching a single channel for upcoming programs.

2. To see all upcoming soccer could do

search, sports, soccer and get two columns "left" all channels showing soccer (whether sports channels or not) "right" showing the specific program on the corresponding channel. Scroll to the right to increment the time slot in 30 minute increments.

3. When searching using the on screen keyboard had an option to save the search to a saved searches list for future access.

Are all these missing or simply hidden?

Everyone's Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Expert

Re: Dcx3400m lost features

If this was just today, it may not have gotten a "2AM update"yet. 

Call TWC, maybe they can force one.

It's odd that the old box didn't get updated, mayvbe that's what caused it to fail...

Do you have any record of what the old ones firmware version was to compare to the new one?

There are always complaints when firmware is  "updated"

Not applicable

Gee. Even the forums are a mess. I just clicked on my email notification of your kind response, entered a reply. Only THEN did it ask me to log in AGAIN and my long reply is NOT showing. Don't know why it allows me to "post" phantom replies.

Anyway. New box is different to old one old one was not an "M" suffix and the software is TOTALLY different. This is not just an update issue. Indeed I want my 10 year old software back from my 10 year old box. 

Back to my question.

Are the features I listed as lost actually available on the dcx3400m or not?

Expert

check thru Satch's posts, I think he had complaints about the "new" box early summer.

Text size and guide/favorites comes to mind

Trusted Helper

@Clivew wrote:

Prior post not showing. Hope this is not a duplicate.

just had old dcx3400 swapped for new dcx3400m and seem to missing many features important to me. Are the missing or just hidden.

1. Guide press twice and rows and columns in guide swapped. Ideal for searching a single channel for upcoming programs.

2. To see all upcoming soccer could do

search, sports, soccer and get two columns "left" all channels showing soccer (whether sports channels or not) "right" showing the specific program on the corresponding channel. Scroll to the right to increment the time slot in 30 minute increments.

3. When searching using the on screen keyboard had an option to save the search to a saved searches list for future access.

Are all these missing or simply hidden?

From the pictures provided,

When you are in the Time Grid, which of the images provided most resembles your guide?

If you are seeing strangness with the guide, power off the box, unplug it and reboot.  If a reboot does not solve the issue, you may want to try to post some screenshots of your own to see if we need to dispatch a tech.  Please post back.

Satch

index 2.jpgTWC/Spectrum- IGuideindex.jpgTWC/Spectrum Navigator Guide

Expert

Satch, the forum is plagued with yellow warning triangles instead of photo's.. Please provide an image url...

Not applicable

Satch

thank you for the kind follow up.

as far as I know there is nothing wrong with the guide per se. I have no idea if it is strange.

Remember I have only had these new boxes one day!

they are a newer model box than my old box with completely different user guide software.

i am just trying to discover whether the features I relied on in my old software (explained previously) are still available on this new box, but just hidden away somewhere or whether they are no longer supported in which case I will look to TiVo or Uverse etc. And review their software.

attached is a photo of the screen when I press B for search.

my old box gave me various options that I could drill down

Sesrch-Sport-Soccer and without any keyboard alphabetic entries needed it just showed me a list of all current soccer programs running. Click right arrow and it advanced 30 mins and showed me the same for that time slot. Etc.

Also when electing to search by Title or Keyword it would ask me if I wanted to save the search (filter, not results) for future searches.

so Thant is a detailed description of just one of my missing features.

in addition to previously mentioned I also seem to have lost my 30 second skip forward and 5 minute skip forward.

SORRY - can't figure out how to attach the photo on my iPad. It asks for source but does not offer me my photo collection to choose from.

Thanks again.

clive

Expert

post photo's on Imgur then post the links to them here.

The photo icon's  auto  image link is screwed up , it's pasting yellow warning triangles

Trusted Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

post photo's on Imgur then post the links to them here.

The photo icon's  auto  image link is screwed up , it's pasting yellow warning triangles

I will have to look at this,

I had  two blank pages where the images were, but after loggin in they showed up fine.  Not sure of the URL, I just got them from a Google Search for TWC Navigator Guide and TWC I-Guide to find the pictures to illustrate.

Will try to remember to post a URL next time so that we all can review the content in helping with posts.  Thank you!

Satch

PS.  To the OP, have you rebooted your box to see if there are any changes?

Update to OP,

You said you lost the 30 second skip so you don't have I-Guide.  You have the new On Screen Guide Software know as Navigator, and it sounds like you have an Arris box, which is a good modern box!  The new guide does not have 30 second skip.  In this regard, I don't think there is anything wrong with your box, it is an updated guide.

Let us know what you want to do or are trying to do with the new software, and I am sure we can help!

Satch

Trusted Helper

Hi Clivew,

Here is a tutorial URL with how to use the new guide:  You can bookmark and print out selected pages for reference:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/tv/features/on-screen-guide.html

At the link, Please review the following important features and functions:

The Guide Support

• Using the Guide
  • Which Guide Do I have?
  • Channel Surfing and Filtering Features (Video)

The Button Functions

A- Find Channels- (This will soon be updated to show a Mini Menu were you can find all your content in one place.)  For now, Find Channels gives you a list of what is on now in selected show categories and you can tune to selected channels to see what is playing now.

B-Search- This brings up an Advanced Search Keyboard where you can type in a movie, TV Show, Sport, or Actor Name to see a list of program choices.  Tip:  If you select a folder marked "Genre" it will give all instances of the content to which you are searching.

Guide Button-Brings up the Guide Time Grid allowing you to search for a show.  A forthcoming software update will allow you to take future action on a show by bringing up a menu when taking action on a show in a future cell,  You will be able to see where the show is playing on Live TV, DVR, and Video On Demand.  For now, you are given options to record a show or series with options and set reminder options.

Pressing Guide Button Twice- Allows users to filter the Time Grid Choices so that only their selected channels show in the Time Grid.  These filters may vary by box and location.

Record a Show With Options-This allows you to set additional time to a show by using the left and right arrow keys to extend the end time of a show, or the beginning time of a show. For example, Live Sports always runs overtime, so I will add an extra 30 minutes to an hour to make sure the show records.

Record a Series With Options-This is where some people have trouble.  The DVR will look for new instances of a series for the next 14 days.  Your best choice for setting up a series is to do "Record Series With Options" Than, use the Default settings of Save All Episode" and record "New Episodes Only."  BIG TIP: DON'T TRY TO BABY SIT THE DVR TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS WITH A SERIES.  THE DVR WILL LOOK FOR REPEAT AIRINGS OF A SERIES IF THERE IS A CONFLICT WITH THE ORIGINAL AIRING AND RECORD THEM.

If a series is not a new series-Such as a syndicated series, the DVR will record all instances of that show, unless you set up Time and or channel filters (under Record Series With Options) for that show.

Press The DVR or List Button on your Remote to review options for DVR Manager.  You can set priority for Series Recordings (Which one is most import to you to record in the event of a scheduling conflict,) by moving that series to the top of the show list.  Follow the Set Priority Prompts Under Manage Series Recordings to do this.

You can also delete multiple show at once and should always get a Yes or no confirmation message about your choices.

Tip: When changing recording or series options when it asks , "Do you want to record this show, and you are arrowing through the options, it is not necessary to arrow all the way back up to "Do you want to save changes to these options?"  Just make your choices and than when you press the Select Key, you will be automatically taken back to the top of the list and just say Yes or No to save the changes to your show or series.

Satch