Helper

Re: DVR transfer from TWC to Spectrum

@dstoffa wrote:

We can question the "Why does the box need to change?" and I can only surmise that there is some firmware / hardware issues that will require a change with a switch from TWC to Spectrum...

Spectrum is using the exact same boxes as TWC. The old SA and Motorola boxes that use iguide are still working perfectly fine (I had one up until 3 weeks ago when I went the TiVo route).  The only thing I can think of would be if the iguide on those old boxes is being discontinued and they can't run the new guide.

I still think the rep was incorrect in saying that a new box would be required. I am hoping one of the Spectrum employees on here would have a definitive answer to that question.

Not applicable

@Satch wrote:

Hi Ed,

For our reference here, in what Spectrum division are you located?  Do you have WHDVR at this time?  You would lose WHDVR as others have said, but should not have to give up your current DVR.  What is your zipcode?  What is the make and model of your DVR?

Satch

Satch,

I get my service from Rochester, NY.  I do not have WHDVR nor am I interested in getting it.  i have a one TV house.  My zip code is 14052.  My DVR is Cisco 9865HDC.

Ed

Trusted Helper

@eewoz wrote:

@Satch wrote:

Hi Ed,

For our reference here, in what Spectrum division are you located?  Do you have WHDVR at this time?  You would lose WHDVR as others have said, but should not have to give up your current DVR.  What is your zipcode?  What is the make and model of your DVR?

Satch

Satch,

I get my service from Rochester, NY.  I do not have WHDVR nor am I interested in getting it.  i have a one TV house.  My zip code is 14052.  My DVR is Cisco 9865HDC.

Ed

Ed,

I have that same box and love it!  (6 tuner DVR.)  Don't switch to Spectrum.  In other words, keep your legacy TWC DVR.  If you switch, you will only get a two-tuner box in exhange.  (Until the 4 tuner World Boxes come to the New York area.)

Satch