Observer

DVR recordings stopping/skipping

I have a brand new box, which I got about 2 months ago. I replaced it because the recordings would stop in the middle and when I would go to fast forward, it would stop or go back to the beginning. So I upgraded to the box that can record up to 6 shows at once, its Cisco. Same thing. Recordings stop sometimes a minute, sometimes right in the middle and I can't finish it. It's very frustrating. I've noticed it does this more when I'm recording a couple things at once. And I have already rebooted about 10 times. It helps for about a day, then back to not recording correctly.
5 REPLIES 5
Lead Moderator

Re: DVR recordings stopping/skipping

We are sorry to hear you have had so much trouble. Had we sent out a technician to replace the 

equipment or had you swapped the equipment at a local TWC store location? 

It sounds like a technician should come out to investigate the problems, there may 

be a signal issue causing the disruption in service. 

If you will contact us by clicking this link we can get something scheduled for you.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Observer

I swapped it out at the local twc store. Thank you for the link.
Expert

Bad signal levels.. too many splitters, loose connections, open ports, etc...

Hold in the select button for 10 seconds then hit the up arrow.

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages and your zip code

Observer

I don't know where to find that... Pressing the select and up arroe just brought me to a main menu
Expert

hold the select on the remote in for 10 seconds, release it and hit the up arrow. Should have a service menu with levels.

To see the modems levels and errors, go to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1