Newcomer

Re: DVR problems (DCX3600-M)

What setting would you use for output? Have a 4K he tv?
Highlighted
Newcomer

Man, this box REALLY needs an option to dim the clock. It's like staring into a full moon on a clear night.

Expert

stick some colored cellophane over it or get a swatch book of theater lighting gell. Use a brown or red gell to kill blue/green

Valued Participant

I agree - I've seen spotlights that weren't as bright!  Cellophane will only change the color; it won't work well to dim the lights.  I uses black duct tape simply because I had some on hand and it's not as noticable but any color works.

Expert

You use 2 different colors of cellophane to filter out most of the light. Like red and green

Not applicable

HDMI-CEC :facepalm:
Thank you for this thread. I had replaced my hard drive in my PS4 around the same time I changed cable providers. I thought it was a bad restore our the fact that I also moved my Blu-ray player to the other room. I bypassed my A/V receiver. That didn't fix it. Then I moved around to other ports and it would work until I turned off the TV. Finally I figured out that it was the cable box. Hit the web and found this thread. I broke pin 13 off of my HDMI cable and all is restored.

I've yet to test it, but I have a feeling the cable box is grounding pin 13. That's the only way I can think of this being able to kill it for every other device.
Trusted Helper

@InternetMom13 wrote:

I agree - I've seen spotlights that weren't as bright!  Cellophane will only change the color; it won't work well to dim the lights.  I uses black duct tape simply because I had some on hand and it's not as noticable but any color works.

One tip,

You can go under Settings on the box by pressing Settings on the remote.  Than go to "Clock Options."  within that menu, there should be an option to show "No Display" on the box when the box is turned off.  This may help at night if you have a box in your bedroom and can't sleep because of the LED light.

Satch

Expert

rather than break pin 13, you can use a hdmi to DVI cable and then a DVI to hdmi adapter  as the two won't pass pin 13

Rookie

As a someone who recently transitioned from DirecTV, I am expreiriencing most of the same frustrations as you mentioned. Satch had some good thoughts on many of your (our) issues but nothing on the ARC/Anynet+ problem. I'm dealing with the same issue. I have to unplug the HDMI from DCX3600-M on the A/V amp in order to get audio when using Smart TV features. This is big enough to send me back to DirecTV. The inabilty to dim/turn off the lights, no-PIP and the others are annoying but the ARC/Anynet+ is a malfunction that worked flawlessly with DirecTV.

I realize this post is almost a year old, but if you see my note and can provide any information of the device you used to work-around the ARC/Anynet+ issue, I'd be most appreciative.

~Harris

Rookie

There is a commercially available male-to-female HDMI CEC Less Adapter  that does not pass pin 13. Will update once received.