Newcomer

DVR not capturing entire show.

Many DVR shows are cutting off right at the end. There is only a minute or so left but usually the characters are right in the middle of saying something. Some improvement with this would be helpful. Other than that if something could be done to set the DVR so it records the entire requested show. As with sporting events if they go into overtime or start late for another reason the DVR is set to go with times rather than the programming. It seems that could be adjusted. Please consider improvement in this area.

4 REPLIES 4
Helper

Re: DVR not capturing entire show.

Timing is off, I wonder if it;s the network or the cable system.. Good question....

Spectrum Employee

The recording function on the box follows the time set on the guide for the program. If the guide shows that the program ends at 8:00, but from 8:00-8:02 shows a preview of the next show, the DVR wont catch it. Same thing goes with sports, I would always recommend setting extra time for sports programs in case it does go into overtime. In these kinds of scenario's, the digital guide can't be updated instantaneously, so as far as the box knows, the show was scheduled to end at whatever specific time it cut off.

TWC_SPECTRUM_808
Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

The DVR pulls its recording time from the guide information: which is the official air time for the program. I typically set all of my day-to-day recordings to end 5 minutes late and my sports/movies to take an extra half hour.

You can do this for the recordings you already have set by pulling up your DVR list, navigating to the "manage" tab and then selecting series manager - change the "end time" to however many minutes later you think necessary.

For new recordings, you just adjust it right there in the "recording options" by clicking the record button a second time after setting the recording.

The Guide schedule is set days in advance for your convenience, so you can know what's going to be playing when: but it does mean that when broadcasters don't adhere to that exact schedule, there can be some conflict - especially on the major networks that regularly play live events.

Newcomer

I have had this happen with no less than 10 shows over the past week.  One show may have 10 minutes cut off, one may cut off after 5 minutes.

The issue is NOT sports related; meaning a sports program interfered with the recording.

I can actually see the bar at the bottom of the screen looking like it recorded an hour show, but when I play it back, it goes to 40 minutes, then just stops.

I then have to find the show and watch it On Demand, but since there is no fast forwarding, I have to watch the first 40 minutes over again.  Royal pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!