Newcomer

DVR menu not showing correctly on new TCL Series 5 TV

I bought a new TCL, series 5 TV and having issues with Spectrum's DVR guide. I'm not trying to go throught spectrum app, but just through the cable box itself. The normal guide menu I've noticed is now centered, but is smaller as it doesn't cover the whole width of the TV. I can live with that, but when I view my DVR recordings, it shows up blank, but has the % full off to the right. If I hit down a few times and then go up, and can start to see a few lines of recorded shows. But if I try to click one of those it takes you to the next screen (where you can pick episodes), but I can't actually see anything or click anything to watch a show. The only way I've found around this is using the app on my phone and telling it to play DVR to the TV screen. What is happening?

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR menu not showing correctly on new TCL Series 5 TV

@avery81 wrote:

I bought a new TCL, series 5 TV and having issues with Spectrum's DVR guide. I'm not trying to go throught spectrum app, but just through the cable box itself. The normal guide menu I've noticed is now centered, but is smaller as it doesn't cover the whole width of the TV. I can live with that, but when I view my DVR recordings, it shows up blank, but has the % full off to the right. If I hit down a few times and then go up, and can start to see a few lines of recorded shows. But if I try to click one of those it takes you to the next screen (where you can pick episodes), but I can't actually see anything or click anything to watch a show. The only way I've found around this is using the app on my phone and telling it to play DVR to the TV screen. What is happening?

Hello,

To help with this, we need two things that would be of great us to us:

1.) The make and model of your cable box?

2.) Screenshots of your guide.

Spectrum has three different guides out in the field:

A. I-Guide.  The oldest guide.  Reliable, but dated

B. ODN-Navigator- A newer reliable guide from the legacy TWC/BHN systems that is very good as long as you have a modern box.

C. New Spectrum Guide- Spectrum's newest cloud based guide.  It has some bugs, and some customers don't care for it, but it is modern, and getting better with updates.

At any rate, show us some screenshots of your cable guide. than we can use these as a guide to determine better what you are trying to accomplish.

Satch