Not applicable

DVR, finding a show to record

"new" back to Spectrum after 4-5 years away with DishTV.  Equipment is "lucky" enough to be the worldbox 2.0 with the 1TB hard drive in it. I beleive it's the spectrum guide onscreen.

My question is, with Dish, I used to be able to search for a show, and tell it to record it whenever it found it. The only option I am able to do right now, is manually find the show in the guide on it's regular day and time, and hit the record button on the remote, and then set it for series if I want the whole series. Is there a way to "search" for a show, if I don't recall where it was, or what day and time, and have it record that way? 

Also doesnt seem to be a search/record fearture from the app either?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR, finding a show to record

@jbinner12184 wrote:

"new" back to Spectrum after 4-5 years away with DishTV.  Equipment is "lucky" enough to be the worldbox 2.0 with the 1TB hard drive in it. I beleive it's the spectrum guide onscreen.

My question is, with Dish, I used to be able to search for a show, and tell it to record it whenever it found it. The only option I am able to do right now, is manually find the show in the guide on it's regular day and time, and hit the record button on the remote, and then set it for series if I want the whole series. Is there a way to "search" for a show, if I don't recall where it was, or what day and time, and have it record that way? 

Also doesnt seem to be a search/record fearture from the app either?

Yes,

Press the Menu Button and that will open up the Search and Navigation quick menus in Spectrum Guide.   Use the remotes arrow keys to navigate and press OK/Sel to take action on a selection.

Here are more detailed options with a video and graphics to help with searching.  This link may take awhile to load, be patient:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-guide-search-spectrum2/

Oh yes, Remote programing through Spectrum's  website or mobile device  is coming out for the new Spectrum Guide, but is not available yet.  It's coming though.  Spectrum is working on getting bugs out of the new guide first, and than the added features.

Satch