Browser

DVR does not save previous channel content

In the past, couple of years ago when I was previously a Spectrum customer, I could change channels and when I hit the "last" button to return to the previous channel it would have saved history and allow me to rewind to see what I had missed.  This feature no longer seems to be available, sometimes?  I called support about it and they told me that feature was no longer available on the current desktop boxes.  I was disapointed but figured nothing I could do.  By the way, for me, it was one of the best features they had.  I have a habit of bouncing between channels and watching two things at once.  Switching back during commercials. I just recently noticed it seemed to be working and I could rewind on the previous channel. Now, it isn't working again. Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR does not save previous channel content

@dgrinnan wrote:

In the past, couple of years ago when I was previously a Spectrum customer, I could change channels and when I hit the "last" button to return to the previous channel it would have saved history and allow me to rewind to see what I had missed.  This feature no longer seems to be available, sometimes?  I called support about it and they told me that feature was no longer available on the current desktop boxes.  I was disapointed but figured nothing I could do.  By the way, for me, it was one of the best features they had.  I have a habit of bouncing between channels and watching two things at once.  Switching back during commercials. I just recently noticed it seemed to be working and I could rewind on the previous channel. Now, it isn't working again. Any ideas? 

Hello,

If you have the ODN-Navigator Guide, there's a great feature called Recently Viewed, which bookmarks the last 14 shows you watched, weather they are from live TV, DVR, or On Demand.  I love this feature!  Much better than the sometimes unreliable Last button.

The Time Grid to the Navigator Guide looks like this:

Navigator.jpg

When the screen is clear of graphics, and you want to see the Recently Viewed Menu, Press the Up or Down arrow on your remote control.  You will see a visual representation of cover art, showing the last 14 shows you watched.

When in this screen, use the left/right arrow keys to highlight the channel, VOD, or DVR'ed show to which you want to go back to viewing.  Press Select on the Highlighted show and you will be taken to that program.

Tip: A channel must be tuned for at least five seconds, before registering in the Recently Viewed query.  Adult content will not show in the strip to protect viewers and families from such content.

Tip:  If the Info bar appears instead of the Recently Viewed strip, you will need to go to Settings to turn Recently Viewed on.

The above steps are for the Guide type that I have on my box.  If you have the New Spectrum Guide:

Press Menu on Remote.

Go to "My Library."

Go To "Recently Watched" and Select that.

Spectrum Guide looks like this:

Spectrum Guide.JPG

Satch