Highlighted
Not applicable

DVR Settings

I have schedules shows to record as “New Only”, and am getting recordings of old episodes. When checking the settings for scheduled recordings, all are set to “All Episodes”. I delete the scheduled recordings and reset/reprogram making sure that I select “New Only”, only to have them again show as being set for “All Episodes”. What is the issue and what is the fix?
1 REPLY 1
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Settings

@Hebennett50 wrote:
I have schedules shows to record as “New Only”, and am getting recordings of old episodes. When checking the settings for scheduled recordings, all are set to “All Episodes”. I delete the scheduled recordings and reset/reprogram making sure that I select “New Only”, only to have them again show as being set for “All Episodes”. What is the issue and what is the fix?

Hello,

What is the make and model of your box?  Also, are you running the new Spectrum Guide or the ODN- Navigator Guide?  (If you don't know your guide type, that's OK.)

Does this happen with all series or just selected shows?  If it is happening with selected shows, can you list some of the shows?

Here are some general things to keep in mind about Series Recordings:

1.) When you set your DVR to record "New episodes only" this means A FIRST RUN SERIES ONLY!  A  series that the guide MUST identify as "New" in the Program Listings.

2.) If the program is a syndicated series and it does NOT say "New" in the program guide listings, ALL EPISODES will be recorded, regardless of if you choose "New episodes" only.

3.) Let's say that you have a syndicated show that matches up with what is mentioned in #2.  To keep multiple episodes from recording, you would have to go under Series Recording Options for that show and choose a filter such as "Record at a Specific Time Only." Or "Record on this channel only."

4.) Since a DVR is not considered a permanent storage archive, and to avoid the cluttering of repeat shows, especially if step 2 applies to your series, what I do is I set the maximum number of episodes to keep at five, (5.)  This gives me a full week to watch the series in question and the DVR does not get so cluttered with shows.  Your DVR software should allow a series filtering option to record only at a specific time or channel if the show(s) in question are not "New" episodes (are syndicated.)

I hope this helps!

Satch