Rookie

DVR Recording Issues and Episode Display Pain

I'm having lots of issues with the DVR functionality with Spectrum.

1) If I set up a series like Modern Family to record all episodes, they are displayed in order of the date they were recorded.  I want to be able to see them sorted by Season/Episode.  That was possible with DirecTV, but not Spectrum.

2) Sometimes I set up a series to record, and the screen shows the episodes are set to record.  Then some time passes.  The first episode schedule to record does so, but then subsequent scheduled recordings just disappear.

3) I set up a series to record on one channel.  I find the same show on a different channel and try to record it there as well.  System doesn't allow it.  It gives me the option to 'Edit Series', but doing that doesn't allow me to extend the recording to that channel.

Any others feeling this pain?

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Recording Issues and Episode Display Pain

@obiwaugh wrote:

I'm having lots of issues with the DVR functionality with Spectrum.

1) If I set up a series like Modern Family to record all episodes, they are displayed in order of the date they were recorded.  I want to be able to see them sorted by Season/Episode.  That was possible with DirecTV, but not Spectrum.

2) Sometimes I set up a series to record, and the screen shows the episodes are set to record.  Then some time passes.  The first episode schedule to record does so, but then subsequent scheduled recordings just disappear.

3) I set up a series to record on one channel.  I find the same show on a different channel and try to record it there as well.  System doesn't allow it.  It gives me the option to 'Edit Series', but doing that doesn't allow me to extend the recording to that channel.

Any others feeling this pain?

Greetings,

To further investigate this issue can you tell us the make and model of your cable box and the Program Guide that you have from this list.  Thanks in advance!

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/which-guide-do-i-have-t?redirected=true

Satch

Rookie

Spectrum Guide

Highlighted
Newcomer

It may seem the DVR records the series based on TV Program Guide data source and to which options are set for either new episodes (first run) or reruns (if binge watching multiple episodes aired ago), along with their respective pre/ post padding (record early/ end later). Other recording options are whether it is recording from one channel, or multiple channels (this is only related to reruns).

DVR recorded shows are usually sorted with the latest new recording being first to the oldest recording being last, or in descending order which is most common one.

The TV Program Guide is updated on a daily basis for future progamming from the channels provided, and whether the episodes are marked as being new (first run) or rerun. Movies are always record once. In some cases, the program guide may not be guaranteed due to reasons from the channel broadcaster to air specials or late-ending live sporting events, and some shows designated to be new episodes could be mistakenly be a rerun. Check online TV listings for updated schedules and adjust recordings when necessary.