Newcomer

DVR Has Stopped Recording, No On Demand

The last few weeks my DVR has stopped recording. I've refresh and unplugged many times. Nothing has worked. When I hit select I get this:Select.jpg

When I hit record I get this:

Record.jpg

I'm not getting ON DEMAND either.  All the wires are in place.

Any suggestions? Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: DVR Has Stopped Recording, No On Demand

@alwayslost wrote:

The last few weeks my DVR has stopped recording. I've refresh and unplugged many times. Nothing has worked. When I hit select I get this:Select.jpg

When I hit record I get this:

Record.jpg

I'm not getting ON DEMAND either.  All the wires are in place.

Any suggestions? Please help!

Hello,

There are a couple of things.  On Demand content is not recordable.  On Demand content is offered if the base channel is in your subscription package.  You can select to watch free On Demand as long as the channel is in your package.

You can select to watch Premium On Demand such as HBO, Cinemax, as long as you subscribe to those channels.  You can only record the base channels.

Movies on Demand.  Offer unlimited viewing of a show for $2.99-9.99. $6.99 is the average cost.  $9.99 is the cost of a same day release as DVD film.  You can not record this. Viewing time is generally 24 hours from the time of ordering the movie.

If a channel is in your package and you can not record, try powering off your box and unplugging it for 30 minutes just to clear everything out of there.  Now plug the box back in and boot up, waiting about 30 minutes for any updates to come down from the server.  Now try to record any channel that you subscribe to, and is NOT On Demand.

If the issue is not resolved following the above,  A service call will be needed for a signal and drop line test at the home.  The tech will need to check the signals and drop line to make sure that the DVR is getting good signals.  Most importantly, do not reboot any boxes, modems, or routers in your home for six hours prior to your service call.  Reboots will reset the error codes, and the tech needs to see the error codes.

if the tech sees that your signals, wiring and lines are good, he will need to swap the box.  Box swaps won't solve bad lines or signal problems, so they have to be checked first.

Satch