ant
Established Sharer

DCX3510M DVR just decided to reboot and break(?). :(

Hello.

I was watching its last night's James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction recording. I think it got half-way done too. Smiley Sad

Anyways after a few minutes (not the usual long time), I saw two boots on the DVR box front's screen. I didn't even see its do the countdown thing. It finally came back, but with its clock at 4:10 or something when it was actually midnight.

I turned on the DVR to TV and everyhing was different: https://imgur.com/a/xWZEstF ... Where did its old TWC's Navigator go that I just saw and using before since July 2014? I also tried power cycling by unplugging and replugging its power, but that failed to fix it. I still have basic channels, AMC, TBS, etc. No HBO, VoD, and others.

What the heck happened? Did this DVR die? Internet still works fine.

Thank you in advance. Smiley Sad

25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable

Re: DCX3510M DVR just decided to reboot and break(?). :(

Same exact thing happened to me but in a basic HD box
ant
Established Sharer

Hmm, I am unsure if this did anything or a random coincident.

I pressed RC's select button for several seconds and then pressed the down key for a few seconds.

I saw the DVR's front screen say Boot and then its normal long countdown after OCAP, ALT (not sure what it says exactly), L12, L11, but got stuck on ACL3 (L is weird) so far as shown in https://i.imgur.com/4GavjkV.jpg iPhone photo.

I was able to get to Diagnosis screen too, but I don't know where to look to figure what's wrong to share. Smiley Sad

Observer

Same thing happening here to our boxes. Looks like a potentially wide-spread issue. Have to wait and see if they fix it, I guess.

ant
Established Sharer

Hmm, I am unsure if this did anything or a random coincident. I pressed RC's select button for several seconds and then pressed the down key for a few seconds.

I saw the DVR's front screen say Boot and then its normal long countdown after OCAP, ALT (not sure what it says exactly), L12, L11, but got stuck on ACL3 (L is weird) so far as shown in https://i.imgur.com/4GavjkV.jpg iPhone photo.

I was able to get to Diagnosis screen too, but I don't know where to look to figure what's wrong to share. Smiley Sad

ant
Established Sharer

@Ralphie1 wrote:
Same exact thing happened to me but in a basic HD box

Oh wow. Where are you at? I am in L.A., CA area. Maybe this is a global issue?

ant
Established Sharer

@cc11 wrote:

Same thing happening here to our boxes. Looks like a potentially wide-spread issue. Have to wait and see if they fix it, I guess.

Wow. I am glad I am not alone. I thought it was a local issue. Where are you at?

Observer

That's what our box is doing, too. It's a different model (3600), but it also gets stuck at "ACT3"

It's possible Spectrum was trying to push an update and it failed, or they're having network issues in our area. This is Socal, by the way, where are you, ant?

ant
Established Sharer

@cc11 wrote:

That's what our box is doing, too. It's a different model (3600), but it also gets stuck at "ACT3"

It's possible Spectrum was trying to push an update and it failed, or they're having network issues in our area. This is Socal, by the way, where are you, ant?

Same! East of LA near OC. Yeah that ACT3 is a hard one to read.  I guess I should stop trying to fix it since we're all having this problem. Thank you for all replying and sharing this issue. Smiley Happy

Observer

Ok, so looks like it could be regional. It's not random concidence that the exact same error is happening to multiple boxes at the same moment.

I wonder if it's specific to Arris DVR boxes