Trusted Helper

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

@Julia_R wrote:

I  understood the OP to say 2 of their boxes (Cisco (Technicolor) 4742 (model CI4742S)  both of which dont work with that model remote (CLIK-R remote (UR5U-8780L-TWM) )

They say with the exact same remote it works on the Samsung receiver.  

We can rule out the Cisco Boxes as being defective, they both are reacting the same way. We can rule out the remote, the Samsung receiver works with them. That leaves us with a remote compatibility issue I would think. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

I would get a tech out to isolate the issue and do some testing.  (Don't reboot anything for six hours before appointment to get an accurate signal reading.)  If OP swaps remote, without this check the problem won't be resolved if it is a signal or box issue.  OP, please keep us updated on this issue!

Satch

Helper

I'm with Julia here...start with the easiest fix first. Considering that the remote works with the Samsung box, this leads me to believe it's a compatibility issue as well. It's super simple to pop into a Spectrum store and swap the remote. If that doesn't work then take the next step and schedule a visit.

Just because others have the same box (even the same firmware version) that works with that remote, not everything is 100% equal...maybe the remote itself is a different version, maybe there is something internal on the Cisco boxes, etc. There are many variables in play from one customer to another.

Browser

@reds91185 wrote:

I'm with Julia here...start with the easiest fix first. Considering that the remote works with the Samsung box, this leads me to believe it's a compatibility issue as well. It's super simple to pop into a Spectrum store and swap the remote. If that doesn't work then take the next step and schedule a visit.

Just because others have the same box (even the same firmware version) that works with that remote, not everything is 100% equal...maybe the remote itself is a different version, maybe there is something internal on the Cisco boxes, etc. There are many variables in play from one customer to another.

It is not the remote. Their is no such thing as a compatibility issue since the Spectrum remotes are designed to work with all of their set top boxes that they lease to their customers. The remote could be defective but that was ruled out when the OP tried it on his Samsung set top box. It is going to require a truck roll for a tech to correct the issue. I have even seen provisioning issues cause the guide and menu buttons not to work on Navigator. I had this happen a long time ago when I switched from a digital adapter to a set top box. I would definatily recomend a truck roll for a tech to figure out what is causing the OP's issue since a tech is going to have narrow down where the problem is.