Rookie

Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (UR5U-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

Has anyone been able to get the Cisco (Technicolor) 4742 (model CI4742S) able to work with the CLIK-R remote (UR5U-8780L-TWM)  and its Guide and Menu buttons?

 

Other remote buttons work for the receiver (Settings, On Demand) but these Guide and Menu do nothing.  With the exact same remote, Samsung receivers display the Guide and Menu when those buttons are pressed, so it's not the remote. The same issue happens with another Cisco 4742 receiver and another of the exact same CLIK-R remote, so it seems to be an incompatibility between this receiver and remote combination?  We received the 2 of the Cisco 4742 receivers and 2 CLIK-R remotes together in the same boxes from Spectrum, so I would hope they aren't incompatible

 

I tried a number of CBL codes on the remote and the only one that I found did anything was 001 (Settings, On Demand work, no Guide/Menu).

 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Browser

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing


@jackvdp wrote:

Has anyone been able to get the Cisco (Technicolor) 4742 (model CI4742S) able to work with the CLIK-R remote (URSU-8780L-TWM)  and its Guide and Menu buttons?

 

Other remote buttons work for the receiver (Settings, On Demand) but these Guide and Menu do nothing.  With the exact same remote, Samsung receivers display the Guide and Menu when those buttons are pressed, so it's not the remote. The same issue happens with another Cisco 4742 receiver and another of the exact same CLIK-R remote, so it seems to be an incompatibility between this receiver and remote combination?  We received the 2 of the Cisco 4742 receivers and 2 CLIK-R remotes together in the same boxes from Spectrum, so I would hope they aren't incompatible

 

I tried a number of CBL codes on the remote and the only one that I found did anything was 001 (Settings, On Demand work, no Guide/Menu).

 

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!


I would recomend calling into TV support to see if they can fix the issue and if they can not have them schedule a truck roll. I have a Cisco 4742 with a UR5U-8780L-TWM the guide and menu buttons work fine. 

Rookie

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

Thank you for you reply!  I'm curious if there's a hardware/software revision difference between your Cisco 4742 and mine.  Could you go into Settings > Diagnostics > Box Diagnostics > Mfr. Diags... > Press Select and let me know what you have for "SYSTEM DESCRIPTION (sysDescr)".  Mine is:

 

HW_REV: 1.5

VENDOR: Technicolor

SW_REV: OHT3.6.5.0201

BOOTR: 1.2

MODEL: 4700

 

Thanks.

Browser

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing


@jackvdp wrote:

Thank you for you reply!  I'm curious if there's a hardware/software revision difference between your Cisco 4742 and mine.  Could you go into Settings > Diagnostics > Box Diagnostics > Mfr. Diags... > Press Select and let me know what you have for "SYSTEM DESCRIPTION (sysDescr)".  Mine is:

 

HW_REV: 1.5

VENDOR: Technicolor

SW_REV: OHT3.6.5.0201

BOOTR: 1.2

MODEL: 4700

 

Thanks.


I am on 

 

HW Rev: 1.5

 

Vendor Technicolor

 

SW-Rev OHT3.6.5.0201

 

BootR 1.2

 

Model 4700

Rookie

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

Identical boxes, it appears.  Ok, it does sound like it's technician time.  Thank you very much for your help!

Lead Moderator

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

You can stop by any of the Spectrum store locations to swap out the remotes

if you wish.

 

https://www.spectrum.com/stores.html

 

 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Browser

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing


@Julia_R wrote:

You can stop by any of the Spectrum store locations to swap out the remotes

if you wish.

 

https://www.spectrum.com/stores.html

 

 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums


That is assuming it is a remote control issue. I do not think it is an issue with his remote control. It sounds like it is going to be an issue with either the box, signal problems, area issue, and or a provisioning issue that is causing his problems which is going to require a truck roll for a Spectrum tech to narrow down where the problem is so he can address the issue or escalate the issue to the department who can correct the issue.

Trusted Helper

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing


@toolman1990 wrote:

@Julia_R wrote:

You can stop by any of the Spectrum store locations to swap out the remotes

if you wish.

 

https://www.spectrum.com/stores.html

 

 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums


That is assuming it is a remote control issue. I do not think it is an issue with his remote control. It sounds like it is going to be an issue with either the box, signal problems, area issue, and or a provisioning issue that is causing his problems which is going to require a truck roll for a Spectrum tech to narrow down where the problem is so he can address the issue or escalate the issue to the department who can correct the issue.


I agree,

 

If the batteries are fresh and the GUIDE and MENU buttons in question are lighting up well, this is either a box problem, or a signal problem, not a remote problem.

 

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing

I  understood the OP to say 2 of their boxes (Cisco (Technicolor) 4742 (model CI4742S)  both of which dont work with that model remote (CLIK-R remote (UR5U-8780L-TWM) )

 

They say with the exact same remote it works on the Samsung receiver.  

 

We can rule out the Cisco Boxes as being defective, they both are reacting the same way. We can rule out the remote, the Samsung receiver works with them. That leaves us with a remote compatibility issue I would think. 

 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

 

 

 

 

 

 

Browser

Re: Cisco 4742 + CLIK-R (URSU-8780L-TWM) = Guide/Menu buttons do nothing


@Julia_R wrote:

I  understood the OP to say 2 of their boxes (Cisco (Technicolor) 4742 (model CI4742S)  both of which dont work with that model remote (CLIK-R remote (UR5U-8780L-TWM) )

 

They say with the exact same remote it works on the Samsung receiver.  

 

We can rule out the Cisco Boxes as being defective, they both are reacting the same way. We can rule out the remote, the Samsung receiver works with them. That leaves us with a remote compatibility issue I would think. 

 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

 

 

 

 

 

 


He can exchange the remote but I doubt that is going to fix his problem since I do not think it is an issue with the remote control. I have the same exact model of box and remote control running the same firmware the remote works fine which rules out a compatibility issue if I have the same exact remote, set top box,  and do not have the issue the op is having . The remote's menu and Guide button works when he takes it to the Samsung receiver which rules out a defective remote control. But if the OP wants he can try to exhcnage out the remote but I do not think that will solve his problem.