Participant

Cannot schedule Daytona 500 on DVR while away from home

For some reason I cannot schedule the recording of the Daytona 500 on the 17th. I have tried the iOS Spectrum TV app and while accessing the TV app from my laptop. I can schedule the Pre-Race program on the 17th but not the race itself. When I select the race I am only able to record the 8 episode series beginning on the 24th. If I go to the 24th I can schedule just that race but for some reason I just cannot record the race on the 17th from the Guide on my laptop or smartphone.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Cannot schedule Daytona 500 on DVR while away from home

I apologize for any poor experience.   If the issue continues, we encourage you to contact support directly for further investigation.   When contacting us,  please be prepared to supply information about the browser type, operating system and if there is an error code. 

Please contact us at: 

Participant

I was told by support that the FOX channel, for this specific live event, that it cannot be schedued to be recorded until after it starts at 2:30pm on the 17th. If that is true I will have to pull my car off the road and record it using my smartphone and the Spectrum iOS app.

Community Manager

Thanks for the update.  It is not uncommon for networks and event sponsors to place restrictions on highly anticipated events.  I'm marking your post solved, so it can assist other users.