Not applicable

Re: Cable outage in NE Ohio

And refunds?
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

So do you think that if the phone dudes told you what the problem was you could get it fixed faster?  Let them do their jobs safely - it's no fun working outdoors on a night like this when trees, cables,  and power are down across the area due to the very obvious nasty weather!

Proven Sharer

TV has been back up since about 22:20, after one false start followed by a full converter reboot at 22:08.   Internet has been up since I got home at 21:15. 

Trusted Helper

Yes,

I was following this Ohio outage on the @Ask Spectrum page on Twitter.  Unfortunately, most of the time for an unexpected outage, the reps cannot give an Estimated Repair Time (ERT) because they have to assess how severe the damage is, and whether it is local or nationwide. A main break in the cable fiber depending on where it is located in the chain and the nodes affected can take several hours.  Probably a local issue, but a severe local issue.  Nationwide issues, longer time.  In the thirty years I have had cable, I don't recall being without service for more than 12 hours.  I can count the number of times that I have had techs here on one hand.  A very good record.

If it's something like planned mainteince, than they will often have a restoration time on the Customer Care Callcenter voicemail.  But not for unexpected outages.

How's it going now?  You can always call and request credit for the outage.

Satch

Community Manager

This issue has been resolved.  If you are experiencing a similar issue, please start a new thread or contact support directly.