Newcomer

Cable boxes always show not connected on Spectrum website

Constantly I have had issues with glitches in the guide or a freeze on a channel. Only had service two weeks and not happy with service. But if I want to refresh online, I can’t because it says none of my boxes are connected. Internet and phone show connected fine, any ideas on why it’s doinf this and how to fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Cable boxes always show not connected on Spectrum website

@Wescyde wrote:
Constantly I have had issues with glitches in the guide or a freeze on a channel. Only had service two weeks and not happy with service. But if I want to refresh online, I can’t because it says none of my boxes are connected. Internet and phone show connected fine, any ideas on why it’s doinf this and how to fix it?

Hello,

• Some questions for you,  Where are you located?  City, State, and zip?
  • What is the make and model of your box?  Is it the new World Box?
  • Do you have the new Spectrum Guide? (Blue background?) Navigator Guide. (Black/Grey Background) or i-Guide (Blue background that's been out for years?)

First preparation is to arrange for a service call for a signal and drop-line test.  Your signals, drop line and tap need to be checked.  To prepare for this test, do not reset any boxes, modems or routers for six hours prior to your service call.  This resets the error codes back to zero, and the tech needs to see the error codes,  Box swaps will never solve bad lines or signal issues,  If wiring and signals are good, the tech will need to replace the box.

Don't worry about the "Not Connected" status of the Equipment at My Account, IF you are able to connect with boxes, modems/routers otherwise.  Sometimes it can take between 48-72 hours for the online data to sync with new or swapped equipment.  Right now, the signal and drop line test needs to be done.

Satch

Not applicable

I have the exact same problem, and I have had service at this address for a month.  Both set top boxes show “Not Connected” on the website and in the iOS app but appear to be working normally. Both the internet and telephone show “Connected”

Kekaha, HI 96752

Cisco 8742HDC and Cisco  4742HDC

Don’t know what guide I have. It has a black/dark gray background, highlights in blue, has “Spectrum >” in the bottom left corner and TV Guide logo in the bottom right. 

A technican came here to setup my service so line issues don’t seem likely and this is the same equipment I had at a previous address, 20 miles away, and it worked fine there and displayed the proper connection status on the website and in the app. 

Lead Moderator

If you are having glitches and problems with the guide etc  & are seeing a red 

indicator light online for the equipment that would indicate it is not in 2 way 

communication with us.

I would recommend, because you are in HI, to phone into your local support to

have this further investigated. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums