Rookie

CW San Diego?

Good morning. I woke up to discover that Channel 6 (CW San Diego) is displaying a message saying that ME TV has moved to channel 1233.  What is up?

5 REPLIES
Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: CW San Diego?

@steved70 wrote:

Good morning. I woke up to discover that Channel 6 (CW San Diego) is displaying a message saying that ME TV has moved to channel 1233.  What is up?

The operator who ran CW in San Diego has gone out of business.  The contract with CW runs thru the end of the month, so the network programs are still running, for now. After June 30th, you'll find a Mexico City station on Ch 6, and CW will become a sub-channel of KFMB Ch 8.  Not sure where it will be on Cable yet.  MeTV went to a sub-channel off ABC, and that caused a cable channel change.

Rookie

Thank you. It was my understanding that the CW channel would still be carried on Channel 6 on Spectrum in the San Diego market.  In fact it was on Channel 6 after the transition to the new operator (KFMB TV) since May 31.  When do you expect this to be fixed? We usually watch the CW news at 10pm

Sharer

Participant

I had a similar situation happen to me. Years ago TWC made a mess of the channels by making duplicate channels above ch 100. Under 100 stayed the same.

Spectrum cable came along and they took away a few under 100 channels but left alone the duplicates over 100. I am not mad, but am rather annoyed from this. Qvc was always on ch 14 for me.
Rookie

Yes, but the CW affliate was aquired by KFMB TV in San Diego and continued to air on channel 6 after May 31 when the CW 6 San Diego closed operations.  The issue has been resolved, and the CW 6 is back on channel 6.