Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

I just got the Arris DCX3600-M for both my TVs
Observer

my 3600 croaked over the weekend. guess what they gave me. the crummy world box and it's been a disaster

Browser

What happened to your box? What store did you go to?
Observer

it got stuck in a boot loop and just went poof after trying to power on for a few hours then it went poof. it's the second arris box i had that did that to me with in a year!!! now i got this world box wich is great when it works right but when it don't work it's a nightmare!!! i went to the van nuys store in ca. i never had this many problems with DTV!!! i had a heart attack when they first set me up with a dual tuner DVR hahaSmiley Surprised that was a shock!!! i am going back with DTV as of this tuesday since things are not working nor are they getting fixed plust they offered me a much better deal on there ultimate package vs spectrums select package plus they have all of that disposable bandwith to play with that cable companies don't have.

Browser

@krel_2018 wrote:

it got stuck in a boot loop and just went poof after trying to power on for a few hours then it went poof. it's the second arris box i had that did that to me with in a year!!! now i got this world box wich is great when it works right but when it don't work it's a nightmare!!! i went to the van nuys store in ca. i never had this many problems with DTV!!! i had a heart attack when they first set me up with a dual tuner DVR hahaSmiley Surprised that was a shock!!! i am going back with DTV as of this tuesday since things are not working nor are they getting fixed plust they offered me a much better deal on there ultimate package vs spectrums select package plus they have all of that disposable bandwith to play with that cable companies don't have.

I do not blame you since the Spectrum Guide equiped world boxes should have never been released to the public and in addition the 2 tuner DVR's are not enough since a lot of shows can run at the same time. If my 6 tuner DVR dies and I can not get another one from a store I would go back to using a Tivo again before I would ever use a Spectrum Guide equipped world box.

Observer

my world box could not reformat or what ever it's doing when it has that line going across it boot up modeMan Surprised. i just brought both boxes back and got a tuning adaptor and a cable card for my tivo bolt instead. i will say the tivos are the best cable box out there