Highlighted
Browser

Best DVR Box

I luckily can have access to most DVRs available in Spectrum. I currently have the Spectrum 210. Which is the best DVR box with quality and DVR features? Model numbers would be great! Thanks
30 REPLIES 30
Trusted Helper

Re: Best DVR Box


@ahsanur wrote:
I luckily can have access to most DVRs available in Spectrum. I currently have the Spectrum 210. Which is the best DVR box with quality and DVR features? Model numbers would be great! Thanks

They are rare,

 

But if you can get your hands on a six tuner Arris 3600M or a Cisco 9865, they are the best!  The newer World Boxes only have four tuners and they run New Spectrum Guide, which still has a lot of bugs.  The Arris and Cisco boxes mentioned above, not only have two extra tuners, but they run ODN- Navigator Guide, which is better than Spectrum Guide because it is more reliable.

 

Satch

Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

Wow thanks for the quick reply! Will try my best to get them. Thanks! Do they have caller ID on TV features?
Trusted Helper

Re: Best DVR Box


@ahsanur wrote:
Wow thanks for the quick reply! Will try my best to get them. Thanks! Do they have caller ID on TV features?

Yes!

 

You must have landline service and CATV from Spectrum with a Spectrum Box to get the Caller ID features.  They take about 24 hours to activate (or less) after a new box install.  Note that Spectrum Guide in legacy TWC/Brighthouse Networks does NOT have the Caller ID on TV system ready yet.  It's coming, but they've been saying that since October, and there's no timeframe so Caller ID on TV for Spectrum Guide is on wait, IF you are in a legacy TWC/BHN area.

 

If you are in a legacy Charter market, Caller ID on TV is out for Spectrum Guide for CATV/ landline Spectrum phone subs with a rented Spectrum box.  (24 hours to activate for new installs of service or less.)

 

Satch

Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

Great info! Thank you so much! I live in the NYC area. It was twc before... so looks like the older boxes are the better option right?
Trusted Helper

Re: Best DVR Box


@ahsanur wrote:
Great info! Thank you so much! I live in the NYC area. It was twc before... so looks like the older boxes are the better option right?

Well,

Specifically the six-tuner older boxes.  The Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M.

 

Satch

Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

I have been getting some pixelation issues on a lot of channels and some don't appear so clear. Will the boxes you mentioned have better quality video? Thanks for always helping out! I truly appreciate it!
Browser

Re: Best DVR Box


@ahsanur wrote:
I have been getting some pixelation issues on a lot of channels and some don't appear so clear. Will the boxes you mentioned have better quality video? Thanks for always helping out! I truly appreciate it!

That is not going to be a box issue. It is going to be a signal related issue espaiclly if your noticing this on multiple channels. You would need to contact support and have them schedule a truck roll for a tech to come out to fix signal related issues.

Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

Thanks for the advice. Is there any way to check the signal my self?

And the boxes that were mentioned, do they switch channels quickly?
Browser

Re: Best DVR Box

When I am changing channels with the Spectrum 210 and I get to an on demand channel I can't press channel up without pressing exit. Is there any way to keep pressing channel up?