Newcomer

Re: Arris dcx3600-m kills Samsung ARC soundbar

The HDMI/DVI adapters from  Frys worked for me!!!!   I have a LG TV and a Philips soundbar.   Same story, upgraded DVR to DCX3600-M and soundbar stopped working.  Spent 2 hours with a tech at my home and he couldn't get it work.  Bottom line he said TWC does not support soundbars.  Thanks so much for a non-technical solution (I don't do pins). 

Expert

Some sets only have CEC on one, usually HDMI-1 input.

It's possible that the sound bar needs to go there and the cable box on HDMI-2 which is not CEC.

Not applicable

When is this twc firmware update going to be available and what is the file name?
Newcomer

Exactly my question! When is this Firmware due and how will it be rolled out? I was on the phone with TWC tech support (id LG2) and after understanding the problem and even seeing this thread they basically said CEC is not supported by TWC. They asked me to go to the service center and get a new box. Frustrating !

Newcomer

Bump, this is driving me nuts... When will this update be pushed?

Expert

use a cable and adapter to convert from HDMI to DVI and back, that strips off the errant pin....

Newcomer

Any idea when this fix is coming? It's been months since this post and if I have to buy adapters time warner is getting the bill for their continued incompetence.

Expert

Send samsung the bill, they're at fault for designing a device that doesn't work with cable boxes...

Rookie

I just got the Arris DCX-3600-M installed and that killed my HDMI-ARC sound bar.  I messed around with the connection to the sound bar and its settings for awhile before finding this thread.  

Thank you so much for the info!

Instead of using an adapter, I modified an extra HDMI cable I had.   I used a push pin to bend up pin #13.   Once I found a well lit area (under my kitchen flood lights), my middle aged eyes saw the pin well. It took a minute to bend it.  

Pin #13 is under the crease in my index finger.  I put a note on the modified end of the cable connecting to the Arris DVR so whenever that firmware update is pushed out, I remember this cable is modified.  Thanks again!

Newcomer

Gave up for TWC coming up with a fix and bought this adapter from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vPOKwb0YRJGMT

Now everything works as it used to.