Expert

Re: Arris dcx3600-m kills Samsung ARC soundbar

That's about twice the price of the hdmi to dvi cable and adapter back to hdmi, lol

Not applicable

Sounds about right, I have gone through countless boxes, configs. It kills both a full samsung setup in the living room, and a full sony setup, so it's not a problem with them. It's Time Warners problem pure and simple. Without the boxes, all devices work, with them, Netflix, Amazon, UHD Blu-Ray player all wont transmit sounds through ARC on TV.  

Not applicable

Samsung boxes do the same thing too. It's Time Warner not following industry standards with anything.
Expert

Have you tried a CEC lift hdmi adapter?

You can make one with a Hdmi to DVI cable and DVI to hdmi adapter . It strips off pin 13 and disables CEC

Rookie

I tried stripping off pin 13 on my HDMI cable going into the cable box but I'm still seeing problems controlling ARC on my TV.  Does it need to be taken off both ends of just the end going into the cable box?

Expert

one end...

use a dvi hdmi adapter with a hdmi to dvi cable, that strips off pin 13...

Rookie

Thanks, I manually stripped the pin 13 off the one end of the HDMI cable but the other ARC devices in my entertainment system aren't working like they would if it was totally disconnected...because if I totally unplug the cable everything is fine...wonder if I'm still missing a piece of it deep inside the connector...

Expert

Get a male hdmi to male DVI cable and a female DVI to hdmi male hard adapter, there's no pin 13 (cec) in a DVI connector so it's really dead.

Or you can but a male-female HDMI cec strip off adapter...

Highlighted
Observer

wouldnt this fix block the sound coming from the cable box?

Observer

wouldnt the hdmi-dvi fix block the sound coming out of the cable box too?