ant
Established Sharer

Arris DCX3510M DVR is "off" right now?

I just noticed as of 12:20 AM PDT, my Arris DCX3510M DVR was "off" (nothing on its front) and hot. Pressing RC's power button made its IR light blink once. Pressing the DVR's front power button does nothing. Um, is it frozen or is there an upgrade/maintenance right now? I'll try power cycling it in the morning if it is still like this since I don't need to use the DVR until Friday night. I last used it was on Tuesday after midnight to watch my recordings.

2:08 AM PDT: Still the same. I even tried remotely rebooting it in web site's account. It didn't work. I guess DVR is frozen and requires a physical power disconnection and reconnection. I'll do that in the morning then. Also, I checked DCX3200M P3 cable box downstair, and it was fine.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

4 REPLIES 4
Helper

Re: Arris DCX3510M DVR is "off" right now?

Have you power cycled yet? Did it make a difference?

ant
Established Sharer

@reds91185 wrote:

I just power cycled it. There was a long black LED status display and then saw its BOOT. I wonder if it got stuck before its BOOT earlier. Now at L-8... Sheesh, these cable TV boxes take forever to boot up. Smiley Sad

Trusted Helper

@ant wrote:

@reds91185 wrote:

I just power cycled it. There was a long black LED status display and then saw its BOOT. I wonder if it got stuck before its BOOT earlier. Now at L-8... Sheesh, these cable TV boxes take forever to boot up. Smiley Sad

Sup Ant?

Let us know what happens!

Satch

Highlighted
Observer

did you get it up and running yet ant??? yes they do take a while to boot up. L-3 being the longest part of the bootup. you can hit the select button on your remote and you can see what the box has to go through during the bootup and all the files it has to load