Rookie

Telemarketers

Is there a way to add more than 30 block callers to the list since there are more than 30  working telemarketers?

Come on Spectrum. In this day and age why can't we have more?

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Telemarketers

@janijan wrote:

Is there a way to add more than 30 block callers to the list since there are more than 30  working telemarketers?

Come on Spectrum. In this day and age why can't we have more?

Hello,

The best way is to activate Nomorobo, a free service from Spectrum that drops all telemarketing and robocalls after the first ring so that they can't  leave a message.  It must be activated to use the service:

1.) Log into My Account

2.) Select Spectrum Voice (Phone Services)

3.) Find "Peace and Quiet."

4.) Turn on Nomorobo

5.) Activate "Answer Anywhere" or "Simultaneous Ring" if prompted

6.) Save your changes

Calls will now be screened after the first ring.  Telemarketer and Robocalls will be stopped after the first ring.  They can no longer leave messages.  Calls from doctors offices, hospitals, schools, and weather closings, emergency situations are allowed through.  Since activating it on our Spectrum line two years ago, we have had only TWO CALLS get through the system!

You can also sign up at Nomorobo's website to report calls that are not being blocked, and to report calls that are being blocked that should be allowed through.  But you will only need to register at Spectrum's My Account Phone/Voice page one time to activate Nomorobo.  You will only need to repeat the process if you change your phone number, or add a second phone line to your account.  No need for the manual number call blocking with Nomorobo activated!

Satch

Rookie

Satch,

Thank you for the info.

After I did all that you explained, even to fill up the 30 Blocked Numbers area, guess what happened?

I'll give it more time. Maybe it has to 'warm up'.

Trusted Helper

@janijan wrote:

Satch,

Thank you for the info.

After I did all that you explained, even to fill up the 30 Blocked Numbers area, guess what happened?

I'll give it more time. Maybe it has to 'warm up'.

Hi,

You should only be hearing one ring on those calls and than the call should stop.  Two at most.  Don't pick up the phone!  If they can't leave a message, Nomorobo is working.  If they are able to leave a message, and things are not better by tomorrow night, contact Nomorobo on their Twitter page https://twitter.com/nomorobo?lang=en  They will make sure that you are configured correctly. 

Mention that Spectrum is your cable provider, give your zip code, and say that calls are still coming through (able to leave messages after the first ring.)  The blocking should start right away, but give it twelve hours.  Remember, you will still SEE the calls on your Caller ID on TV prompt.  you just won't see them on your Caller ID phone, or be able to hear any messages left by spammers and robocalls.

Satch

Rookie

Satch,

Thanks again for the info!  There's one number that still gets through and is able to leave a message on my machine. I've called them twice to remove me to no avail. I'll do the suggestions you've gave and hope for the best.

Thank you,

Janice

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@janijan wrote:

Satch,

Thanks again for the info!  There's one number that still gets through and is able to leave a message on my machine. I've called them twice to remove me to no avail. I'll do the suggestions you've gave and hope for the best.

Thank you,

Janice

Hello Janice,

Glad that Nomorobo is working for you!  A tip!  If a message does go through, DO NOT CALL BACK AND ASK THE TELEMARKETER TO REMOVE YOU!  All that is does is tells the spammer/telemarketer that your number is active.  The thing to do is to regiter at Nomorobo's website: (Or log in if you already have a Nomorobo account.) You must have a Nomorobo account at Nomorobo's website to block Telemarketer numbers  who are still able to leave a message on your machine

Follow these steps below.  You will be prompted to sign up if you don't already have a Nomorobo user name and password.  (This is not the same user-name and password that you use to access your Spectrum account.)  But once your Nomorrobo is activated through Spectrum Voice, it will show up at the Nomorrobo web page. If you already have a Nomorobo account, use this link to report the spammer/telemarketer who is still able to leave messages on your machine.

https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003815572-Report-A-Number

Satch

Rookie

Since our last chat the calls have stopped.

Thank you Satch!