Observer

Porting From Straight Talk Home Phone Service

Hello,

I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this has been asked before. Has anyone tried (or is it even possible) to port a number in to Spectrum Home Phone from Straight Talk's Home Phone service? In all actuality, the Straight Talk home phone number is just on the Verizon Wireless network as a mobile line, and uses a wireless router to convert the signal to be used with traditional home phone equipment.

There is no option under the porting choices to select Straight Talk, which is amazing since it seems that there is every other company imaginable (both landline and wireless) listed to port a number from. The "account" number for Straight Talk is actually the IMEI number, and the Spectrum order system wouldn't accept that many digits when I tried to see if selecting Verizon Wireless as the current carrier would work.

Am I out of luck here? Do I need to port my number to a different provider first and then try to port into Spectrum Home Phone? It seems like a lot of steps to bring a number over. Why wouldn't they be able to port in from Straight Talk or any other Tracfone-owned brand?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Porting From Straight Talk Home Phone Service

@TheOptiMystic

For landlines, the numbers are based on geographic location and the number being ported needs to match your area.  There is more flexibility between cellular carriers.   To see if your number is eligible, we suggest calling or visiting a store for direct support.    

Observer

Thanks very much for the reply. However, the portability is not the issue. I already know that it’s able to be transferred in as it was originally assigned to me by your company. The question I asked is if you are able to port numbers on from Straight Talk or any other Tracfone-owned brand. They are not listed as a choice of provider to bring a number over from, even though countless other mobile providers are listed. I couldn’t even get an answer from customer service on this when I reached out to them. I am confused as to why this is such a difficult question to answer.
Lead Moderator

At this time we are not able to. The companies that we are  currently porting from 

would be listed.

Our apologies for the confusion on this. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Observer

Thank you much for the answer and clarification! I appreciate the assistance. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

My apologies, 

I am actually now seeing this on the list to select. If you 

were not able to complete the online order with choosing that I would 

suggest speaking to sales again about that. 

I am not certain if this was the case previously, we are adding devices and 

new options to our mobile service. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums