Newcomer

Nomorobo

I was using the new Nomorobo service to block robo-calls. I love it. But you have to let it divert the call after two rings. One ring is not enough if I want to pick up the call. Sometimes it goes after half a ring. Two would be better.

9 REPLIES 9
Trusted Helper

Re: Nomorobo

@ricvar2014 wrote:

I was using the new Nomorobo service to block robo-calls. I love it. But you have to let it divert the call after two rings. One ring is not enough if I want to pick up the call. Sometimes it goes after half a ring. Two would be better.

For us,

Nomorobo picks up after the first ring.  We use Caller ID and Caller ID on TV to help screen the calls and have an answering machine.  This is because we are rarely by the phone to pick up the call.  TWC also has Voice Zone Voice Mail if you don't want to use an answering machine. 

I love Nomorrobo zapping calls after the first ring, sometimes even during the ring.  The telmarketers and phone spammers can't even leave a message!

Satch

Rookie

I'm finding that nomorobo doesn't seem to block those credit card interest rate calls.  The main reason I signed up for it.  Anyone else?

Spectrum Employee

@ECinEI wrote:

I'm finding that nomorobo doesn't seem to block those credit card interest rate calls.  The main reason I signed up for it.  Anyone else?

Nomorobo's functionality essentially works in concert with TWC's "Answer Anywhere" call forwarding, much in the way your local CNAM servers show you caller ID of calls.

No system is 100%, but it's a much better improvement. And nomorobo is designed to deal with automated "robo calls".  It can't do much about an actual person calling you, especially if they're not being flagged as a telemarketer yet.  (i.e.: it's pretty blatant when a robo dialer is calling like 1000 numbers an hour, not so much if it's an actual person)

You can help Nomorobo out by submitting complaint ticket about telemarketing calls on donotcall.gov (keep in mind you have to register with an email and it takes a month before your registration request becomes officially on the list)  DoNotCall is run by the FTC, your tax dollars at work.  So... why not?

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Rookie

I am using VZ Enhanced for call blocking... about the same as nomorobo.  I still get the calls, I complain with the FTC links and DONOtCall links, but many calls are now spoofed so it doesn't do any good to file against the number.  I've even contated my senator about it and nothing is being done. 

WHEN are the phone providers going to stand up and stop this aggressive phone intrusion and illegal spoofing activity?

Rookie

Interesting. Most of the credit card interest rate calls have spoofed numbers and of note, at least judged by the first three digits of the number, appear to be Time Warner numbers based on what Time Warner numbers are in our area here. While I appreciate what appears to be a sincere attempt to help it seems, to me anyway, that your employer could probably do more to stop or markedly decrease these calls in a more efficient way than reporting individual calls to the FTC.

Participant

This service is one of the few things TWC has done right. Is it possible to obtain a list of telephone numbers that were blockled by this service? This must exist and reviewing it would be helpful in determining if non-robo calls are being blocked. So, what does a subscriber need to do to obtain such a listing?

TIA,

Umrk

Community Manager

Participant

James,

Thankl you for your reply. However, I must contest your response: Since every single call made to my NoMoRoBo monitored telephone number is managed and moderated by the third pary's computer/servers and software. Therefore, it is certainly possible to gnerate a listing of calls blocked by NoMoRoBo, querying their database using a phone number and a specific date range. I realize you are not able to personally generate such a list. So, I would like to request this information directly from NoMoRoBo. So, please provide the contact information for NoMoRoBo's customer support or similar group. You can post it here or send it to me by email.

Thanks in advance,

Umrk 

Spectrum Employee

Good Morning - 

According to the following article on the Nomorobo website, this is not currently possible, although they are working on such a feature.   

https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205761985-Can-I-See-A-History-Of-Blocked-Robocalls-

Currently, the only way to get an idea of what calls are coming in would be to turn off Nomorobo and then block the numbers individually.