Highlighted
Newcomer

Inconsistent Call Forwarding from phone using *72

Been having this issue for several months now.  Have spoken to customer representatives three times on this with no solution.   Anyone else having this problem?

Please don't respond by suggesting i go online to Voice Zone to activate Call Forwarding.   i know how to do that, and yes, when all else fails, we do that.  However, that is not a permanent solution and not feasible with my wife.  She needs consistent ability to FORWARD using *72 when she leaves the house.   She is not technically savvy enought to navigate the web site.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Trusted Helper

Re: Inconsistent Call Forwarding from phone using *72

@Slammer9876 wrote:

Been having this issue for several months now.  Have spoken to customer representatives three times on this with no solution.   Anyone else having this problem?

Please don't respond by suggesting i go online to Voice Zone to activate Call Forwarding.   i know how to do that, and yes, when all else fails, we do that.  However, that is not a permanent solution and not feasible with my wife.  She needs consistent ability to FORWARD using *72 when she leaves the house.   She is not technically savvy enought to navigate the web site.  Thanks.

Hi Slammer,

My understanding is that "Call Forwarding" MUST first be set up by the User before *72 will work.  See here:

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment-Voicemail-Features/Call-Forwarding/m-p/162226#M3129

First, you must set up the TYPE of Call Forwarding you want  on Spectrum's Voice (Landline ) Service,  Please refer to the different types of Call Forwarding Options offered through Spectrum Landline at this link, and select the type of Call Forwarding that you want: (You do not need to go to the My Account Website), you can do it through your landline phone headset.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/voice/spectrum-voice-calling-feature-star-codes-t?redirected=true

Note the following below as well:

Any settings that you make to "My Account" should absolutely be holding until the account accessor chooses to change the settings.  Try to do the Call Forwarding Set-up, following the link above for the type of Call Forwarding you want.   If that does NOT work,  for fastest service on this issue, I would suggest going to Twitter and following the Ask Spectrum Page.  (Get a Twitter Account if you don't already have one.  Or if you have one, log in.)   Let them know that "Call Forwarding" is not holding when activating *72 in "My Account.""  DM the @Ask Spectrum guys at twitter your account information.  We want to make sure that there's nothing wrong with your line or modem.

Where are you located please?  City, State, and Zip?  Those account settings should be permanent until changed.

Satch

Helper

Once I activated the call forwarding feature on the account page, I was able to set up *72 on my father's phone with no issue. He disables it and activates it every so often without the need for going online.

If yours doesn't work this way then there is something else wrong.  Does the phone (or internet or tv service) work as it should otherwise?

Lead Moderator

Hi!

At what point is it failing?

When she dials the *72 does she not get the triple beep? 

When she is putting in the *72, gets the triple beep and then dials the number does the call not go through? For this to work the call does need to complete or the call forwarding will not "stick"

Do you notice that it works to some numbers but not others? Any pattern to the success and or failure? 

Are you using a wired handset or a wireless? When you use the phone normally do you clearly hear the numbers being dialed? (thought here being if one or more of the numbers buttons are not registering during the call forward dialing ...) 

Has anything changed in the last several months? New handset? If you are using a wireless set perhaps the battery needs to be changed?