Newcomer

Can we stop "Home Energy Solutions" harassing phone calls

We are getting multoiple phone calls a day from this company, Home Energy Solutions, from multiple phone numbers. You cannot talk to anyone when you call them back. I have been asking for almost six months, via option on phone message, to be taken off their call list. Each time it says we will be removed but it might take up to 30 days. 

Is there anyone to whom we can complain about this company and force them to observe the rules of the Federal "do not call" list?

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Can we stop "Home Energy Solutions" harassing phone calls

Unfortunately, a previous business relationship means the DNC list doesn't apply.

But a REPUTABLE company would listen to you, and stop calling.

Expert

They and many other telemarketers are sending false caller ID info. I have 2 different types of identifiers and have caught them sending 2 different numbers on the same call.

Established Sharer

@MsRaye wrote:

They and many other telemarketers are sending false caller ID info. I have 2 different types of identifiers and have caught them sending 2 different numbers on the same call.

One common trick now for the scammers/spammers is to use a fake number that's close to your own number hoping it will confuse you into answering.

Expert

Yup, that too! Sometimes I get their real number on the first box and call them back and tell them I'm reporting them.

We had one here that was using the sheriffs dept phone number....And their name as well on boxes that would display it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Check out nomorobo.com.  Been working well for me for a year+.  Started using when I found out TWC finally set-up "ring anywhere" feature.  You get one ring from telemarketers and thats it.  It hangs up for you.  /Dan