LGT
Contributor

Calls from Texas?

This is not really a problem or anything that can be fixed, it is more of a survey. I have noticed that recently I have been getting a ton of spam calls. They are being stopped by Nomorobo which is good. I still see the numbers in my caller ID and what I have noticed is that they all seem to be coming from Texas. One would think that these numbers would be somewhat random or from my own area code (since this is a favorite of spoofers). My question is if anyone has noticed that all their spam calls have been coming from two or three area codes in Texas and if there is any significance to this.
2 REPLIES 2
Trusted Helper

Re: Calls from Texas?

@LGT wrote:
This is not really a problem or anything that can be fixed, it is more of a survey. I have noticed that recently I have been getting a ton of spam calls. They are being stopped by Nomorobo which is good. I still see the numbers in my caller ID and what I have noticed is that they all seem to be coming from Texas. One would think that these numbers would be somewhat random or from my own area code (since this is a favorite of spoofers). My question is if anyone has noticed that all their spam calls have been coming from two or three area codes in Texas and if there is any significance to this.

Hard to say,

Sounds like a spammer spooling thousands of numbers with Texas area codes.  You can let Nomorobo know that they are being blocked correctly at their Twitter page if you have a Twitter account, but provide some examples to them and ask what they are.  You can go to incogneto (Private Mode) in your browser, and type in some numbers and see examples of what comes up there.  DON"T CLICK ON ANYTHING!

Here is information from the FCC on how to deal with these calls.  Within this data is information on how to report a number.  In the Texas case, it is likely that all the numbers are coming from the same spammer, so they will probably only need two or three numbers to track down the spammer:

https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/stop-unwanted-robocalls-and-texts

Satch

Helper

Re: Calls from Texas?

It seems to go in waves for me...some months all the spam calls are from one state or area code, then the next month it switches to another, and so on.  I especially love the calls from a spoofed number that are the same area code and exchange as my own number.