Highlighted
Rookie

Caller ID does not work

I am new here. Hello! Today I discovered my daughter was blocked.  She appeared in the screen for listed numbers and in the voice the way she is listed in the phone.  This does not work any more.  Everyone appears as out of area or not available. A lot of people don't have IDS but al least till 2 days ago,  the phone recognized the names as listed in my phone.

When my husband spoke to customer care, the call was dropped or they hang on him, they never returned the call.

I went to all my settings to see what could be the cause. The Nobocore is new and either of us sign to have it.  Is it responsible for the confussion? If I don't get my ID recognition back I have to seek other options. It is impossible to answer all calls from sellers, but Nobocore is very restricted, so if one day comes an unexpected call that you want to answer, it will block it as it did with my daughter.  So, I don't check Nob.  In more than, well, a lot of years with Warner, I never had this experience.  The ID showed also in the TV set. I have not check that  because who cares of the TV if the phone is not working.

I made a test calling from my cell to my house number (Spectrum) and  I have this  message. This party is not accepting calls at this moment.  So, can you tell me what to do or  are you going to apologize to your customers?

11 REPLIES 11
Trusted Helper

Re: Caller ID does not work

@riby1 wrote:

I am new here. Hello! Today I discovered my daughter was blocked.  She appeared in the screen for listed numbers and in the voice the way she is listed in the phone.  This does not work any more.  Everyone appears as out of area or not available. A lot of people don't have IDS but al least till 2 days ago,  the phone recognized the names as listed in my phone.

When my husband spoke to customer care, the call was dropped or they hang on him, they never returned the call.

I went to all my settings to see what could be the cause. The Nobocore is new and either of us sign to have it.  Is it responsible for the confussion? If I don't get my ID recognition back I have to seek other options. It is impossible to answer all calls from sellers, but Nobocore is very restricted, so if one day comes an unexpected call that you want to answer, it will block it as it did with my daughter.  So, I don't check Nob.  In more than, well, a lot of years with Warner, I never had this experience.  The ID showed also in the TV set. I have not check that  because who cares of the TV if the phone is not working.

I made a test calling from my cell to my house number (Spectrum) and  I have this  message. This party is not accepting calls at this moment.  So, can you tell me what to do or  are you going to apologize to your customers?

Greetings,

This sounds like an isolated case with Caller ID on TV not working.  How long have you had Spectrum Phone Service and Digital Cable TV?  Did this problem just start occurring as of this writing, or has the "Out of Area" message appeared for the last several days? Also, what is your State, City, and Zip Code?  There may be a problem with Caller ID on TV in your area.

Nomorobo only blocks calls that are on its national blacklist so that would not be an issue with your daughter's phone not going through whether you had activated it or not.  I would send a PM to the Forums Help people if this does not clear up by itself tomorrow night.  In the meantime, give us your state, city, and zip code, so we can see if this is a widespread issue or something specific to just your account or phone home settings.  Issues like this area almost always server-based and not box-based.

Provide your state city, and zip codes first and than a mod will determine if you need to send account information directly in the form of a PM.

Satch

Rookie

I have had Warner Cable/Spectrum for many years with an excellent service. The problem (out of area, other numbers blocked) with caller ID started , I believe, this week. I am in Santa Monica, CA.  90404.

Rookie

Thank you. Caller ID and identification on my handset were connected.  My husband cell, my daughter, the important numbers appeared as I listed them.  Example... husband cell. Brose MIA. Anymore. Now with few exceptions, they say out of area, some of them the city, it is random. I don't want to control every number but those  I have in my phone are the important ones and they say out o area, or  unavailable.  So I have to take all the calls and that is impossible.

Dont worry about TV. TV appears with the same identification, the voice says the same thing.  I want to reestablish the connection between the handset numbers and caller id, otherwise it is not useful.  Thanks for the reply but we have done all that.

Newcomer

My daughter in Colorado has been getting the same message and when she calls us at our Spectrum home phone it displays as UNAVAILABLE. She is calling on NET10 cell phone from the 81632 area code and my area code is 13421. What is REALLY wierd is that she called on 4/29/2017 and her ID was fine (showed her phone number). Then when she tried to call 5 days later is when it did not show.  I talked to Spectrum support for 2 hours and was told everything looked fine with all my settings and it must be trouble with her phone. Even more interesting is that when she calls my Tracfone cell phone it DOES display her number. BTW, Tracphone is the same company as NET10.  She call her support and was told they could see no reason it is not working here. SOMETHING changed SOMEWHERE between those 5 days! I have no idea who can help!

Browser

Hi. I have a similar problem with Caller ID  on the TWC/spectrum phone line and also made a thread about it. This caller ID "unavailable - unknown number" issue seems to be with T-mobile cell service.  I believe Net10 can use tmobile networks.  This issue started recenlty within the last week or so. I also have a tracfone that works fine. I wonder if it is using a different network maybe sprint since tracfone/net10 can use different networks. I'm guessing here.

I called TWC/spectrum about this and they said that they and Tmobile are aware of the issue but don't know exactly when it will be fixed.

In my understanding what happens is if you call your spectrum number from a phone that is using tmobile cell service, it will show up as unavailable in the spectrum phone Caller ID (when before it would show the correct tmobile number and name) . On top of that, if you have the call block setting in the peace and quiet area of the online account at twc/spectrum set to "call block plus", when you call your spectrum number with a tmobile phone you will get a prerecorded message stating the receiver does not accept calls from numbers that have blocked their caller ID and you will not be able to get through to the twc/spectrum line.

If you are receiving a prerecorded message and not able to get through to the twc phone number  at all, I believe that can be fixed by going into the phone settings on the TWC/spectrum site, choosing peace and quiet, going to call block and make sure it is set to "basic" and not plus.

This will stop the message and allow the phone to get through to the spectrum line but the caller ID will show it as unavailable until the issue is fixed.

I made a post about this on the tmobile forum but haven't heard anything back from tmobile about it.

Trusted Helper

@tomseynyc wrote:

Hi. I have a similar problem with Caller ID  on the TWC/spectrum phone line and also made a thread about it. This caller ID "unavailable - unknown number" issue seems to be with T-mobile cell service.  I believe Net10 can use tmobile networks.  This issue started recenlty within the last week or so. I also have a tracfone that works fine. I wonder if it is using a different network maybe sprint since tracfone/net10 can use different networks. I'm guessing here.

I called TWC/spectrum about this and they said that they and Tmobile are aware of the issue but don't know exactly when it will be fixed.

In my understanding what happens is if you call your spectrum number from a phone that is using tmobile cell service, it will show up as unavailable in the spectrum phone Caller ID (when before it would show the correct tmobile number and name) . On top of that, if you have the call block setting in the peace and quiet area of the online account at twc/spectrum set to "call block plus", when you call your spectrum number with a tmobile phone you will get a prerecorded message stating the receiver does not accept calls from numbers that have blocked their caller ID and you will not be able to get through to the twc/spectrum line.

If you are receiving a prerecorded message and not able to get through to the twc phone number  at all, I believe that can be fixed by going into the phone settings on the TWC/spectrum site, choosing peace and quiet, going to call block and make sure it is set to "basic" and not plus.

This will stop the message and allow the phone to get through to the spectrum line but the caller ID will show it as unavailable until the issue is fixed.

I made a post about this on the tmobile forum but haven't heard anything back from tmobile about it.

Greetings,

There is a disclaimer made by Spectrum that sometimes Call Block Plus when turned on, might block some international calls.  If you are having this problem, you will want to turn off Call Block Plus and just turn  on Call Block Basic.  Traditionally, Call Block Basic along with Nomorrobo and Answer Anywhere, will provide good call block protection.

This sounds like an issue with Spectrum and T-Mobile concerning their Caller ID relay databases.  At least a ticket appears to be opened on this issue.  Please keep us posted on its progress.

Satch

Browser

Yeah when I have it set to plus normally it will block some international calls  but that's okay I understand it will do that.  Otherwise it works pretty well.

This other issue between tmobile and spectrum seems to make spectrum think the tmobile phone has its caller id setting off so if you have the call block set to plus spectrum will block the number and give a recording or send to voicemail depending on your setting. So if you change from plus to basic it will let the call through instead of giving recording but not show the caller id number due to the issue.

I assume once the issue is fixed then one can put setting back to plus since spectrum will see that tmobile phone does not have its caller id blocked and it will let call through and show the caller id.

I'll definitely update if I hear anything from tmobile or if my tmobile phones start giving the caller id to the spectrum line.

Newcomer

I have begun to have the same problem over the past couple of weeks.  Calls coming in from frequent callers (friends and family) were showing up correctly and have now started showing up inconsistently as "unavailable", just the city "Lewisville NC" or "Out of Area"...even when they are not out of area.

Trusted Helper

@Vicjodona wrote:

I have begun to have the same problem over the past couple of weeks.  Calls coming in from frequent callers (friends and family) were showing up correctly and have now started showing up inconsistently as "unavailable", just the city "Lewisville NC" or "Out of Area"...even when they are not out of area.

An idea,

Everyone who has this issue, including those who have previously posted a problem with their phone service in this thread, please provide your state, city, and zip code.  That way, the Spectrum mods can see where this issue is coming from.  How widespread is the problem, or its isolation to a certain area? Also, if you use a mobile phone service, list that company as well.

Right now, we know there's an investigation with calls not coming through properly (i.e out of area.) related to T-Mobile phone services.  Let's gage what other areas of the country and any other mobile phone providers who may also be affected by this.

Excellent descriptions of what happens when Spectrum Call Block Plus is enabled or disabled in relationship to this issue.  I am sure that this will be a part of the troubleshooting ticket.

Satch